What would you do in this awesome GPU situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Limp Gawd
!!!!!!!!!!!!********** (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((GUYS PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING IN THIS ))))))))))))))))))))))))) **********! 0000000000000000

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! A loud bang coming from the front door! "Who is it you say"?

It is "FedEx! I have a large package for you!

As you open the door, you are still very confused as to what this may be? I don't remember ordering anything... Or did I order something? maybe my wife did. Oh well.

Sign here.. OK! GREAT! "you sign the mobile computer, the fedex guy is holding. And walk inside.

The name and address on this box is smudged out and turn away.. You cannot see who it is from, or even who it is to. hmmmm this is strange you think!

Well let me open it up!

As the top flaps of the box open away! You notice something that made you just light up with excitement! IT CANT BE!! IT CANT BE! 12 of them!?

12 NVidia GTX Titans! And I don't know where they came from! It is a miracle!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? SELL THEM? KEEP SOME OF THEM? GIVE ONE AWAY TO A FRIEND?

THIS COULD BE A TRUE STORY, BUT IT COULD BE A FAKE STORY.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH ALL OF THESE BABIES?

Last edited:
Send a pair to [L]imey, you know, because anything more than 4 is just unnecessary :)

If they actually don't belong to you I would try to figure out who they belong to.

Sounds like someone was carding and your house was used as the drop. Knowing from experience. I also have experience with karma. I'd notify the dealer and have them look up who the cards belong to and how to proceed.

Sounds like someone was carding and your house was used as the drop. Knowing from experience. I also have experience with karma. I'd notify the dealer and have them look up who the cards belong to and how to proceed.

But, only after a few runs of "Firestrike"

You have to find their owner (bummer). Too bad they couldn't be a gift.

Really though, if this were a perfect world! What would you guys do?

You have 12 Titans! And im sure sweet rigs as it is. aching to be loaded with 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 Titans! So what would you do? And any kind of UPS, or FedEx place is closed right now.

So, being 7:12PM where I am at. What you do right now?

do some research before you keep the cards it could come back to bite you in the ass you did just sign for 12k worth of cards remember you didn't just find this box you signed for it and it was delivered to your house not gonna be hard to track the package and who accepted it.

Oh wow. Talk about temptation. With nothing on the label, you need to get a hold of Fed Ex and get a track #. That will have all the info. Looks hot as shit.

Ok, so I need a X99 Haswell E motherboard with (8) PCI express 3.0 slots, and I need (2) 5960X cpu's to run in harmony on one motherboard at 8.0 GHZ EACH, with a TOTAL of 16 CORES, and 32 THREADS. As well, I need 128GB of DDR4 in quad channel running at 4,000MHZ Cas 6 lol.

And 8 of the GTX Titans will be running at 1500MHZ each, 10,000mhz memory! And they scale perfectly! I also need a 4K display.. A big one. like 50 inches.. No 60 inches. No 90 inches. And a curved one to.

Then I need a few fans to blow on the Titans.

And I will use the other 4 as coasters, and door stoppers to let fresh air in the room.

Oh wow. Talk about temptation. With nothing on the label, you need to get a hold of Fed Ex and get a track #. That will have all the info. Looks hot as shit.

yea really hot! I am sweating right now lol. It is 60 degrees in this room to

it is a shame. That this motherboard only has (2) PCi-e slots. I highly doubt these Titans will outperform the classified 780's

I'm surprised that FEDEX delivered them in one piece. Lol. I would definitely try to find out where these damn things were supposed to go. Jeezus. That's a lot of cash delivered.

Might be tempted to pop 2 or 3 in and see what it's like though, hahah.

Feds rolling into your home tonight at 2am for CC fraud. Enjoy the cavity search while trying to explain how you know nothing.

LOL nice find. I say keep em, fuck it. Keep 3 give away a couple to a friend and sell the rest.

Oh my goodness! I popped two of the GTX Titans in! And once I fired them up! Brown and white powder starting blowing out of the back of the vents on the Titans! Looks like they were stuffed with heroin and cocaine inside as well lol.

Now this is my kind of Titan!

yes! These are "Magical Titans" Just stand at the back of my Computer case.. here is a "Straw" . Now I am going to turn it on, Ok get ready. LOL

Just kidding.

I'm going to call shens on this...

Something doesn't add up. 12 Titans in a box with ZERO commercial packaging or documentation, in bubblewrap and in perfectly sized cardboard cutouts in the shipping box.

That looks like a bulk shipment to an OEM/Reseller.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK! A loud bang coming from the front door! "Who is it you say"?

It is "FedEx! I have a large package for you!

As you open the door, you are still very confused as to what this may be? I don't remember ordering anything... Or did I order something? maybe my wife did. Oh well.

Sign here.. OK! GREAT! "you sign the mobile computer, the fedex guy is holding. And walk inside.

The name and address on this box is smudged out and turn away.. You cannot see who it is from, or even who it is to. hmmmm this is strange you think!

Well let me open it up!

As the top flaps of the box open away! You notice something that made you just light up with excitement! IT CANT BE!! IT CANT BE! 12 of them!?

12 NVidia GTX Titans! And I don't know where they came from! It is a miracle!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? SELL THEM? KEEP SOME OF THEM? GIVE ONE AWAY TO A FRIEND?

THIS COULD BE A TRUE STORY, BUT IT COULD BE A FAKE STORY.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH ALL OF THESE BABIES?

Funny how in the last photo you put the "Titan" back in the box and places a actual Titan ontop lol. Every slot is filled lol. They look like hard drives to me compared to the gpu.

give away 2 to 2 lucky members of the hardforum who have replied to this thread. keep 2-3 for yourself, sell the rest.

So you opened a package that was not yours and then you posted it on a website. Wonder how many federal laws you've broken.lol

karma is a bitch, I would call fed ex and explains and return it back.

Because 12 Titan's is so many.. I am pretty sure, everyone on here would be keep 4, for a "Beasty" Quad SLI Titan setup. I mean who wouldn't?

Then give one away to a friend! And sell the rest!

So you opened a package that was not yours and then you posted it on a website. Wonder how many federal laws you've broken.lol

Like I said in my first post.

"This may or may not be True"

So no I have not done anything wrong. You don't have to ruin it.

And, no name was listed. IT was unclear, and torn off. So, it may have been for me. as a gift. I don't know.

In OP's defense, he said the to field was smudged out, so he didn't know it wasn't his...

If you signed their pad, then it means they scanned the tracking barcode, which you should be able to look up on their website and track to it's origin and it's proper destination. and at any rate, god i wish i had one for blender....

post a pic of the depth of the box ;) figure there shoved in upright cause card is longer than a slot shown

Was not sent by USPS, federal laws of unlawfully opening mail do not apply. That said, pretty sure this whole story of "12 magically appeared" is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back