Surprise: Segway Rolls Out Three-Wheeled Vehicle

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Just when you thought it was safe to make fun of the mall cops riding on their Segways, the company had to go and ruin all the fun by adding a third wheel to the setup and making it actually look like a real piece of police equipment. Joykillers. :D

Look at the suggested retail of this BS... your tax dollars hard at work.

And looking at the average cop these days, these fat asses NEED to get some comfortable shoes and walk or at least ride a bicycle instead of plopping their 250lbs of lard atop a scooter, and then because they aren't able to physically chase anyone or wrestle them down they resort to tasers in a heart beat... just hoping the person they taze standing on concrete doesn't go stiff, fall backwards, and crack his head open.

And BTW, that's the other thing I can't understand. They bought every single cop here in Sugar Land a giant $50K Chevy Tahoe truck as a cop car in black. Yet because its so hot, they idle the cars for hours and hours and hours sitting on the side of the road, chugging gas like there is no tomorrow. Why they aren't using white hybrids like a Toyota Prius... would also probably help weed out the cops that have a chip on their shoulder that insist on a F350 or larger for personal use because of a small peen inferiority complex and the aggressive behavior "respect mah authoritah" attitude that ensues from it.

yeah, I can see these running up and down the 16th street mall with the overweight doughnut-eaters of the Denver PD already, struggling to keep moving with the massive girth they've been burdened with.

And BTW, that's the other thing I can't understand. They bought every single cop here in Sugar Land a giant $50K Chevy Tahoe truck as a cop car in black. Yet because its so hot, they idle the cars for hours and hours and hours sitting on the side of the road, chugging gas like there is no tomorrow. Why they aren't using white hybrids like a Toyota Prius... would also probably help weed out the cops that have a chip on their shoulder that insist on a F350 or larger for personal use because of a small peen inferiority complex and the aggressive behavior "respect mah authoritah" attitude that ensues from it.

There is a good reason for the big vehicles: arrests. They can't push someone with cuffs on into the back of a Prius because the doors are so small. They also can't put the cage inbetween the rear and front seats because there isn't enough room inside. Would rather be shoved into a back seat of a Tahoe, where you can sit up and wait normally, or into the back seat of a Prius, where you have your head hit the sides and top of the doorway as you're shoved in and your feet have to be twisted sideways because of lack of room.

The poor fact of the matter is that even law abiding citizens have to deal with these cop cars from time to time, and having them at least semi-safe for a cop to shove someone into is a good idea.

I, unfortunately, have had to deal with being put into the back of a cop car twice in my life, despite the fact that I broke no laws in either case. Cops love to push around high school and college students. If you happen to be young and standing around, you're likely to have a cop harass you for something.

There is a good reason for the big vehicles: arrests. They can't push someone with cuffs on into the back of a Prius because the doors are so small. They also can't put the cage inbetween the rear and front seats because there isn't enough room inside. Would rather be shoved into a back seat of a Tahoe, where you can sit up and wait normally, or into the back seat of a Prius, where you have your head hit the sides and top of the doorway as you're shoved in and your feet have to be twisted sideways because of lack of room.
While it is certainly huge, its far bigger than any other cop car in history inside, and they somehow manage to fit in Europe just fine, and the differences are minimal:

2014 Prius vs 2014 Ford C-Max vs 2014 Tahoe:
REAR HEAD ROOM: 38.6 in. vs vs 39.4 in vs 39.2 in.
REAR LEG ROOM: 35.9 in. vs 36.5 in vs 39.0 in.

The other two vehicles represent a tremendous savings in initial purchase price and cost of operation.

I've been in a Prius, recently, there's no way they have that much rear foot room. My toes had to slip under the front seats to fit. It was a pain in the butt to get in.

I've been in a Prius, recently, there's no way they have that much rear foot room. My toes had to slip under the front seats to fit. It was a pain in the butt to get in.
In the time it took you to post that, you could have simply googled "Prius 38.6 inches".

The rear seats even recline: http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/prius-v/2014/features-specs.html?style=200490608

toyota-prius-police-cars-patrol-berlin-medium_6.jpg

By all means, give cops a prius,,See if I and a bunch of other people who stop because their current cars are faster actually stop then. That and a Prius is just a joke of a car. What a retarded suggestion that doesn't take so many things into consideration.

Do they work in some area's? I'm sure, do they work in all? Not by a long shot. Areas with lots of rural farm land where things can and DO go off road, Areas that get tons of annual snowfall are just a couple examples off the top of my head. Now don't get me wrong, I'm against cops having the biggest thing on the road when they don't need it. Don't waste money for the sake of wasting money. But I certainly won't stand here and say something stupid like they should all be in a prius.

By all means, give cops a prius,,See if I and a bunch of other people who stop because their current cars are faster actually stop then. What a retarded suggestion that doesn't take so many things into consideration.
Are you suggesting that a Chevy Tahoe is a fast and good handling vehicle, and also that you would try to outrun a cop's radio? Talk about retarded... also, you do realize that police are prohibited from exceeding 100mph in high speed chases right, because the risk to themselves and innocent civilians is too high?

Police Tahoe does 0-60mph in 8.2 seconds: http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2015-chevrolet-tahoe-ppv-ar161087.html

The number of vehicles that can out-accelerate, out-handle, and exceed 100mph if that were somehow a preventative measure is mind boggling. Even the new four-banger ecoboost Ford Mustang (hardly a rare vehicle) would outrun and outmaneuver a Tahoe with ease, and hit its governed 145mph top speed at nearly 50% faster than the Tahoe is permitted to travel. The reason you can't outrun cops is because there are a plethora of cops on the road at any one time, and they radio someone ahead who throws down spike strips not to mention that they have dash cams that record your plates so enjoy those warrants out for your arrest.

I don't know who makes them, but 3-wheel scooters already exist, and security guards already use them.

target_security2.jpg

I don't know who makes them, but 3-wheel scooters already exist
Yeah, boggles the mind. Any chinese farmer could cobble one together, its not rocket science. The special thing about the segway is that it can balance on only two wheels giving it a really small footprint... so the picture of a three wheeler segway at that pricepoint should be the illustration next to "full-retard" in the urban dictionary! :D

Back