AT&T Mulls $40 Billion Merger with DirecTV

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
AT&T is considering a move into the satellite-TV business with a possible proposed merger with DirectTV at a time when rival Comcast is in the process of buying Time Warner Cable.

Given the increasing consolidation in the broadband industry, an AT&T merger with DirecTV would make sense for both companies.

Aiya...but, with the Comcast/TWC thing out there, the door was opened wide for this.

On Wednesday, Comcast CEO Brian Roberts made the case that the Time Warner Cable deal would be great for competition because it would strengthen Comcast’s position against the likes of AT&T and DirecTV.
Obviously, their definition of "competition" is dissimilar to ours.

NO damn it. DirecTV seems to be the only one who constantly works on a good App and makes deals with the likes of HBO, Showtime etc. to be allowed to use their streaming apps. Plus, their HD was 100x better than this garbage Charter passes off as HD. (Disgusting compression all over the place)

News in 2020 - DirecATT and ComWarner have decided they could make even more money buy merging together and charging more money for less product/services as there will be no other options strengthening their market saturation.

In other new AttDireComWarner has purchased the F.C.C outright and sets is own rules and regulations.

News in 2020 - DirecATT and ComWarner have decided they could make even more money buy merging together and charging more money for less product/services as there will be no other options strengthening their market saturation.

In other new AttDireComWarner has purchased the F.C.C outright and sets is own rules and regulations.

HEHE!!!!

You should check out the sci-fi show Continuum. It's basically this.

I had AT&T once. they were going to charge me 250 bucks early termination because I still had 10 days left on my contract. I told them just charge me another month and dump the service.

Then there is the wonderful U verse or what ever the hell it is called. Service stops right across the street. Service unavailable in your area, been that way for the last 5 years. But we can give you DSL at 1.5 Mb per second.

I tried calling AT&T customer service recently, Sorry you are not an AT&T customer. OK, I use Comcast but what if I wanted to reup? Talked about holding a grudge.

My brother has AT&T mobile provided by his business. What a POS, drops call all the time. Blame it on his iPhone?

Now for Direct TV; had them for 4 years back when you spent a millions to buy your equipment. At the end of the 4 years, pixilation, sound sync and drop outs were the thing. They refused to upgrade my equipment, they sent a tech out and he blamed it on my TV's, all four of them, Flat screen LCDs. Ok, I liked their TV menu better than Comcast's.

Now I have triple play, not perfect but not bad. I do like the 50 Mb Internet.

So, AT&T, Direct TV, You deserve each other, Live long and what ever!

Then there is the wonderful U verse or what ever the hell it is called. Service stops right across the street. Service unavailable in your area, been that way for the last 5 years. But we can give you DSL at 1.5 Mb per second.
Yeah they keep telling me that there is Uverse available in my area, and when I go to "check my address" they keep telling me that while they don't have any TV/Internet/Phone packages they do have Internet/phone packages which we can give you speeds as fast as we could with DSL for some odd reason, and charge only 29.95 a month to use your home telephone (long distance is extra)

AT&T merges with DirecTV that'll be the straw and the motivation I need to cut off DTV and simply throw an antenna on my roof and be happy with that.

I can't think of many mergers worse than Hughes and AT&T..

WTF? I thought DirectTV was tied in with Verizon? I get my cell and satellite, aka DirectTV, in abundle through Verizon.

Now that Verizon and Redbox are linked it would seem to make more sense for them to buy Netflix and Hulu ... I think online streaming services have more of a future than cable or satellite TV

Now that Verizon and Redbox are linked it would seem to make more sense for them to buy Netflix and Hulu ... I think online streaming services have more of a future than cable or satellite TV
That's like saying cars have more of a future than roads.

Back