Destiny Website Showing Off Classes

For some reason the more I see of this game, the less I understand exactly what the hell it is, and the less I want to play it. The graphics look dated at best, and nothing about those classes seemed to differentiate them much.
I mean, I know it's online only, and it has some kind of MMO parts included, but I've heard references to Planetside, Borderlands and Halo. None of which really go together.

The narrative seems kind of intriguing; it suggests that you will be traveling to every planet in the solar system, possibly at will.

But I already know it's going to be the same old shit when it comes to gameplay.

For some reason the more I see of this game, the less I understand exactly what the hell it is, and the less I want to play it. The graphics look dated at best, and nothing about those classes seemed to differentiate them much.
I mean, I know it's online only, and it has some kind of MMO parts included, but I've heard references to Planetside, Borderlands and Halo. None of which really go together.

its a borderlands style loot system,but is a mmofps. I lost interest in this game though after it was announced its not coming out for pc.

that's what kills it for me. Game looks like it will be okay but no PC means I won't be playing it
Yeah,it looks like a pretty fun game to play,and i wouldn't mind playing it with a group of friends. But i sure as hell am not going to buy a console just to play one game.

its a borderlands style loot system,but is a mmofps. I lost interest in this game though after it was announced its not coming out for pc.

Ah...yet another useless ploy to get us to buy consoles. And yes, this game looks like all the others we've seen until now. Definitely looks like it's being made for the limited hardware of consoles.

Ah...yet another useless ploy to get us to buy consoles. And yes, this game looks like all the others we've seen until now. Definitely looks like it's being made for the limited hardware of consoles.
I don't think it's a ploy to get you to buy consoles. But when was the last time Bungie actually made a PC game themselves? I know the original Halo was to being developed for the Mac before Microsoft scooped it up, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it's being published by Activision, and we all know what they think of the PC as a gaming platform.

I'll admit, this is one of the reasons I purchased a PS4. I have no doubt that the universe they created for Destiny will be both cohesive and epic. We'll have to wait and see how online interactions work in the final product, but what I have seen so looks promising. With Witcher 3 pushed back to next year, this is my must-have title of 2014.

Yeah? Well YOUR FACE IS FAIL.

Seriously, someone looks forward to a game and it's "fail?"

Ok, High Priest of Acceptable Game taste. Duly noted.

:rolleyes:
You realize I quoted myself with a broken post as a joke due to the news section not having edit/delete? My original post shows nothing but hype for this game... :D

Destiny was going to be a great game. For a while I was really looking forward to it as a PC game.

Knowing it is going to be console only has really dulled my excitement for this.

I got xbox one mostly for it and the kids, it looks interesting, not sure why people are saying graphics look bad, they seem a lot better then most of the games out there.

Ether way people will love it people will hate it. Who really cares, if you like it get it, if you don't move along.

The more I see this, the less im excited for it. ( Most of my excitement is going to star citizen and the oculus rift anyway). I might pick up an Xbox One around the time this comes out though...

Back