Microsoft Offers Two Windows 8.1 Update install Fixes

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Tried installing Windows 8.1.1 but having problems getting past the error messages? Well, you are not alone and Microsoft has already issued two patches to help with the installation, but meeting with mixed success. If all else fails, there are always the third party solutions.

Microsoft has already announced that Windows 8.1 users are required to get the Windows 8.1 Update, or they won't be able to receive any further updates for the OS.

No issues here either, but then again I am not running IIS so that gets rid of one of the issues right away, but didn't have the other issue show up on any of my 8.1 machines.

Even after trying the 2 Microsoft fixes and the third party fix, my updates still don't install. They actually don't even download, the download stays at 0 percent, than it attempts to install and ends in a failed install.

I installed the early release RTM for 17031 back in March without a problem, and the 4/8 spring update installed without a hitch, bringing me to 17041. I was also able to install the so-called per-requisite patch without a problem on 4/8, too.

Back