Royal Society of Canada Says Wi-Fi Appears Safe

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
According to Canada’s Royal Society, you can now put away your tin-foil hats and go about your normal business using your cellphone and Wi-Fi without fearing for your safety.

As for people who claim that they're distinctively sensitive to exposures of this sort, "extensive research has failed to clearly link a person’s symptoms with actual exposure to RF (radiofrequency) energy."

If you're "distinctively" receptive to RF frequencies wouldn't television. radios, microwaves and the random gamma ray from outer space already have driven you insane? Why pick on Wi-Fi? It seems like just another scapegoat for people to point to so that they can explain away personal defects to me. Don't sleep well around your wi-fi router or cellphone? Maybe you're just an insomniac and it has nothing to do with those things.There isn't anything wrong with that just embrace it and learn to work with it instead of against it.

I'm surprised there's anyone left. Harper's been trying to outlaw any and all science since his empire began.

they said tobacco was safe too :rolleyes:
ill be keeping wifi to a minimum thanks

they said tobacco was safe too :rolleyes:
ill be keeping wifi to a minimum thanks

They originally said it was unsafe and the conservatives of the day purged all of the dangerous liberal hippies (AKA scientists or people who actually knew what they were talking about) before they could put together a full publication that was going force their liberal agenda on Canadians. The Royal college of physicians also experienced a great cleansing by the conservative political movement because, as physicians, they were far too close to the health topic to be appropriately objective. Plus the tobacco industry immediately made itself an 'important source of funding' for Canada's conservative movement.

The same thing is happening with the Oil Sands, we're right back at it again, scientists are viewed with suspicion and disdain by our conservative leaders. It's because people who understand and study a given topic are obviously too close to the topic to be objective. A man who gets money from the companies that rely on that topic is far more capable of making an informed and balanced decision.

They originally said it was unsafe and the conservatives of the day purged all of the dangerous liberal hippies (AKA scientists or people who actually knew what they were talking about) before they could put together a full publication that was going force their liberal agenda on Canadians. The Royal college of physicians also experienced a great cleansing by the conservative political movement because, as physicians, they were far too close to the health topic to be appropriately objective. Plus the tobacco industry immediately made itself an 'important source of funding' for Canada's conservative movement.

The same thing is happening with the Oil Sands, we're right back at it again, scientists are viewed with suspicion and disdain by our conservative leaders. It's because people who understand and study a given topic are obviously too close to the topic to be objective. A man who gets money from the companies that rely on that topic is far more capable of making an informed and balanced decision.

"Informed and balanced" in this case meaning that man chooses the path that increases his retirement fund in Tahiti the most and to hell with everyone else.

oh and yea i like tell people with tans how great there radiation burn looks lol

If you're "distinctively" receptive to RF frequencies wouldn't television. radios, microwaves and the random gamma ray from outer space already have driven you insane? Why pick on Wi-Fi? It seems like just another scapegoat for people to point to so that they can explain away personal defects to me. Don't sleep well around your wi-fi router or cellphone? Maybe you're just an insomniac and it has nothing to do with those things.There isn't anything wrong with that just embrace it and learn to work with it instead of against it.

People are gullible (stupid?) and are susceptible to mere suggestion. So when the idea that wi-fi @ 2.4ghz at the time was causing people all sorts of neurological problems and sensitivities, then magically all kinds of people started 'becoming' sensitive to them too. Never mind the fact that if they are being bombarded by EM all the time from various sources, the biggest one being that hot, yellow, glowing thing in the sky that shows up every day to light the world.

Junk science seems to be invading the collective consciousness of peoples everywhere and they are coming up with all kinds of things to watch out for like the 'DEBIL!!!". It used to be high voltage, high tension power lines that were causing people problems. No proof come of it, then it was wi-fi, now it's the anti-vaccination crowd. It's like watching internet memes in reality happening right before your eyes.

It used to be high voltage, high tension power lines that were causing people problems. No proof come of it, then it was wi-fi, now it's the anti-vaccination crowd. It's like watching internet memes in reality happening right before your eyes.

For the record, high tension power lines don't cause me "trouble" per se, but I can always feel them when I'm under them.

If you're "distinctively" receptive to RF frequencies wouldn't television. radios, microwaves and the random gamma ray from outer space already have driven you insane?
Big difference between having a router on your bed stand, cell tower near by, or microwave rigged to run with the door open and your head inside. :D

It was certainly worth investing in to see if Wi-Fi can be increased in power or needs to be decreased due to issues of prolonged exposure. Better safe than sorry, as cancer is the number one killer right now AFAIK. Not necessarily just one thing, but the death of a thousand pinpricks type of thing.

If you're "distinctively" receptive to RF frequencies wouldn't television. radios, microwaves and the random gamma ray from outer space already have driven you insane?
Not all EM radiation is equal.

Time will only tell in the long term.....

How long do you want,? You know how long various radio waves and such have been around, if there was any direct effect.. we should of seen it by now.

The question i guess is was this study done long enough, now factor in genetics and other issues that can cause health problems in someone, as well as eating habbits and such..

Seems hard to find a direct cause for anything these days with so many factors involved unless a closed test where people are locked away for months or years so there are no outside factors to skew the results.

For the record, high tension power lines don't cause me "trouble" per se, but I can always feel them when I'm under them.

Not rf. Under power lines you have a potential across your skin. You can measure the potential from ground to 5 feet with a crappy voltmeter, no problem.

Not rf. Under power lines you have a potential across your skin. You can measure the potential from ground to 5 feet with a crappy voltmeter, no problem.

I always knew I had potential.

Of course, you are feeling high voltage, high current passing through them. I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Back