Microsoft Showcases Latest Updates To Windows, Opportunities For Developers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wednesday at Build 2014, Microsoft Corp.’s developer conference, the company announced several advances to Windows including Windows Phone 8.1, the availability of Windows 8.1 Update, a converged developer platform, and a $0 royalty licensing program for OEM and ODM partners developing smartphones and tablets with screens under nine inches.

Microsoft detailed new developer opportunities on the Windows platform with a common platform across devices, a single toolset, a common infrastructure across the Windows and Windows Phone stores, and a clear commitment to interoperability. The announcements highlight Microsoft’s continued commitment to its partners and the developer community by maximizing opportunities across the broadest range of devices and services.

How about a $0 royalty licensing program for non-com use like every other os on the planet? Id love to put some hardware together and just slap some windows on it vs trying to find my key and the disc it matches to, and hope i have a internet connection at the time to authenticate it.

Oh and i want to be able to download a semi annual version of the os with all the updates, so i dont have to apply 2 years worth of updates and at least 1 service pack, over 2-3 hours.

Back