Microsoft Store Offers $50 Gift Card with Select New PCs

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
When cajoling, threats of imminent doom from Malware, cessation of updates and numerous other tactics to get owners of aging machines running Windows XP to upgrade, the next obvious step is to try a little bit of bribery. :cool:

In addition to the $50 Microsoft Store gift card, anyone who purchases one of these PCs will get 90 days of free phone, chat and sales support.

Also, I stopped there yesterday. They have some great macho new in stock.

What's wrong will that?

Nothing is wrong with it. It's just another tactic to get people to move away from the soon to be EOL Windows XP. Some people need the carrot, and others need the stick. This is just the carrot.

These gift cards are useless for anyone with a PC or laptop. They are pretty much only good for buying apps. I still haven't found anything to my $25 card on...

These gift cards are useless for anyone with a PC or laptop. They are pretty much only good for buying apps. I still haven't found anything to my $25 card on...

Not exactly sure what you mean, there's a good bit of desktop software available through Microsoft's store including a number of games.

If you think it's so good, buy his gift card from him.

Huh? Why would anyone buy any gift card for face value unless there was some added bonus from the gift card retailer for using a gift card? All I said is that there's plenty of desktop software through the Microsoft Store.

Huh? Why would anyone buy any gift card for face value unless there was some added bonus from the gift card retailer for using a gift card? All I said is that there's plenty of desktop software through the Microsoft Store.

I never said face value. Or are you just using that as an excuse, because secretly you find the MS app store as crappy as everyone else, but love and worship MS to much to admit it?

I never said face value.

If he's offering a discount then I'm sure plenty of people would by it.

Or are you just using that as an excuse, because secretly you find the MS app store as crappy as everyone else, but love and worship MS to much to admit it?
[/QUOTE]

Or you're not making any sense. There's plenty of desktop software that one can buy through the Microsoft Store. And I'm certain that I use far more modern apps than you do, there are plenty of good apps there.

I never said face value. Or are you just using that as an excuse, because secretly you find the MS app store as crappy as everyone else, but love and worship MS to much to admit it?

Sorry I don't sit around and play Candy Crush all day, perhaps if you used the App store you'll know there is a solid selection of apps for productivity and work and not for sitting on the shitter till your legs go numb dropping fruit in a basket.

MS has the worst app store, with the least amount of apps. If you don't know that, you've been playing too much Candy Crush. But I don't blame you since their game selection is so inferior.

MS has the worst app store, with the least amount of apps. If you don't know that, you've been playing too much Candy Crush. But I don't blame you since their game selection is so inferior.

Yeah, the Microsoft app stores are much smaller but there are 150,000 Windows RT apps and while most are junk like all of the app stores there's still a lot of good ones. Plus with Flash in the IE 11 modern browser there's a lot of things that would require apps for iOS and Android that while not touch optimized will well enough with touch in a browser. The situation is similar to OS X vs. Windows, while OS X doesn't have the shear number of desktop apps as Windows, there's still plenty out there for OS X.

How does Microsoft install a clean copy of Windows on every computer? Or do they even do it themselves? I imagine them having to manually open every box to reinstall the OS, but there must be a better way.

Wouldn't this be solved if ms just gave the mobo makers money not to make xp drivers anymore.

I clicked in here to see if anyone mentioned some useful PC apps I could spend my $20 card on. If someone has a list of things I could look at I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'd be willing to sell my card for $15 bucks or something reasonable.

seems like people saying there aren't any useful apps in the MS store were right

Back