Facebook Showing Unsolicited Page Posts In News Feed

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'd like to know how Facebook comes up with these crappy ideas. Seriously, I want to know.

Facebook said Tuesday that it has tweaked its News Feed formula yet again, this time to include posts that Pages you've "liked" are tagged in. The alteration means you'll find stories from Pages you don't follow mentioning those that you do.

The only fix for Facebook is to stop using it. The sooner the better.

I've found that the judicious use of adblock, userscripts, and facebook's own settings helps keep my news feed (at least relatively) clean.

This is also why I seldom "like" anything. I'm here to consume information from my friends, not feed Facebook information about my tastes so they can then proceed to hamfistedly attempt to fill my feed with stuff that might possibly be relevant to something I might be a little bit interested in.

The only fix for Facebook is to stop using it. The sooner the better.

When they started adding those post in my home feed i stopped using it even more. If it wasnt for family being on it who like to see pics, i would have no use for facebook.

Only if Facebook wasn't integrated into so many things like a lot of the games I play I'd ditch it in a heartbeat.

Back