The Chinese Lunar Rover Is Alive and Well

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Several days ago China announced the premature ‘death’ of their Lunar rover named Yutu. To their surprise, Yutu turned itself back on and is awake awaiting instructions from China’s Mission Control.

Before the cold of the lunar night rolled in, Yutu signed off with an extremely creepy anthropomorphized message that sounded more like the rover was forcing us to sign off rather than signing off itself: “Goodnight, Earth. Goodnight, humanity.”

It's probably their terrible batteries that actually have half the rated capacities :). I didn't RTA but I could imagine it running out of power before expected because China doubles what their ratings should be...

Yutu: "I'm awake, again. It's honestly cold here, and my batteries suck." "Good night, again."

Opportunity: "You think you have it bad, my solar panels are all covered in dust and someone is telling me to keep going."

Curiosity: "Hush, you two! More science, less complaining."

Spirit: "Will someone get me a shovel to dig me out of here?" "Anyone?" "Hello?"

It almost seems like China didn't like the bad press about it's rover "dieing", so it kicked the PR into action.

I'd bet that it really did die.

scaled.php

Well, I can only assume that not very much is being released on how the rover is doing. The last two paragraphs have me wondering how well the rover can actually move.

How about BotWars on the moon,

Round 1:
NASA vs RUSSIA
NASA vs CHINA
RUSSIA vs CHINA

Round 2:
?????

...with satelites orbiting photographing the battle, so we can watch it on our big screen tv's....

On the creepy side, why they keep saying the rover said this or the rover said that.. What it talks? or are the people on this project deranged?.. that is just plain weird & creepy... its a cultural thing I guess

On the creepy side, why they keep saying the rover said this or the rover said that.. What it talks? or are the people on this project deranged?.. that is just plain weird & creepy... its a cultural thing I guess
Bad translation. I can see where "Rover communicated" gets translated to "Rover said." English vocabulary is relatively unique in its size.

Back