Antec Kuhler H2O 950 AIO CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Antec Kuhler H2O 950 AIO CPU Cooler Review - Antec has been in the cooler business for more than a few years, and it has finally updated its Kuhler H2O line of All-In-One (AIO) liquid CPU coolers. Today we have its mid-entry in the product line, the Kuhler H2O 950. This unit touts a copper cold plate, an "extra large pump," and is supplied with software to control it all.

Curiosity question for Marc: Is it possible to change the fan? Can you slip the stock fan out from under the pump and put in a better one?

I don't like to use the phrase "epic fail" but I think in this case it's close. I hope someone at Antec is listening.

Is there a Antec rep/PR person that hands out here?

Example 3567 that single fan water cooling sets are complete waste of time and money

I had bought a double version of this for my latest build and I saw no way to replace the fans they seemed to share the motor with the pump. I returned it same day because the design makes no sense from a mounting stand point even for the radiator in any kind of tight space even one designed for a water cooler. My case is a HAF-XB and because the fans are integrated to the pump on this unit you could not have the fans outside the case with the rad inside (or fans in rad out) and you could not mount the entire unit inside because the whole thing is too thick to the accommodate a full length graphics card.

I had bought a double version of this for my latest build and I saw no way to replace the fans they seemed to share the motor with the pump. I returned it same day because the design makes no sense from a mounting stand point even for the radiator in any kind of tight space even one designed for a water cooler. My case is a HAF-XB and because the fans are integrated to the pump on this unit you could not have the fans outside the case with the rad inside (or fans in rad out) and you could not mount the entire unit inside because the whole thing is too thick to the accommodate a full length graphics card.

Maybe I'm missing something here......
One fan looks like it's attached to the radiator, the front one if you will.
The back fan is shipped loose, and there are mounting holes on the radiator just like any radiator.
What keeps you from mounting the "rear" fan outside the back of the case and placing a longer 6/32 bolt such as this: bolt>fan housing>fan then is anchored to the case>bolt passes through case screen>radiator.

Nope not missing anything except that darn pump/fan unit makes it too thick to fit anywhere in this case. I can fit a normal rad and a normal fan inside the case and another fan outside the case to do push pull no problem. However the added thickness of strapping the pump and hoses on the fan excludes mounting it anywhere. I am sure this single unit will fit on most cases over the rear exhaust however I am pointing out the design uses much more space than a traditional AIO water cooler.

Nope not missing anything except that darn pump/fan unit makes it too thick to fit anywhere in this case. I can fit a normal rad and a normal fan inside the case and another fan outside the case to do push pull no problem. However the added thickness of strapping the pump and hoses on the fan excludes mounting it anywhere. I am sure this single unit will fit on most cases over the rear exhaust however I am pointing out the design uses much more space than a traditional AIO water cooler.

Got it. No matter how you assemble this, the stuff that's permanently attached makes the unit too big to mount in the rear exhaust area of the case.

Plus you need three hands to mount it to the CPU.

That's dumb.:eek:

Example 3567 that single fan water cooling sets are complete waste of time and money

Yea why does people get fooled by these expensive cheap looking watercoolers? They perform worse than a Noctua cpu-cooler and cost twice as much and also being louder on top of that. Those humongous things takes as much space as a twin tower cpu-cooler. Save plenty of money and buy a air cooler instead. The only thing i would see this fit in is in small mini and micro-atx cases other than that no.

AIO's are total suckage!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this cooler and the HAF-XB working together perfectly. Fits without any issues whatsoever.

Back