New Thief Trailer

Welp I have never played any game in the Thief series, that will be changing on the 25th.

Honestly, I hope they don't base the ending on how many people you kill or don't kill. Playing Dishonored like that was basically ignoring half the game because that half killed people. I want my story choices to determine the ending, not how many brainless security guards I choose to snuff out.

Honestly, I hope they don't base the ending on how many people you kill or don't kill. Playing Dishonored like that was basically ignoring half the game because that half killed people. I want my story choices to determine the ending, not how many brainless security guards I choose to snuff out.

You're describing Metro 2033/Last Light.

There were key events (paying prostitutes, stealing, killing innocents or unarmed people) that led to the "bad" or the "good" ending. The mindless enemies that you killed throughout the game had no result on the ending.

I'd like to play this game, really, It looks like it'd be a lot of fun--take your time, plan your strategy, do things just right. But I really don't want to deal with the sexually explicit content (I have a wife for that!). I hope there's either a game setting to tone it down, or a way you can play in order to avoid it.

I'm definitely waiting to hear on how far away they've moved from the original Thief formula before considering a buy.

Oh snap. I didn't realize this was made by the folks who made DX:HR. I'm excited now.

I'd like to play this game, really, It looks like it'd be a lot of fun--take your time, plan your strategy, do things just right. But I really don't want to deal with the sexually explicit content (I have a wife for that!). I hope there's either a game setting to tone it down, or a way you can play in order to avoid it.

Kinda depends on how it's integrated into the game. If it's there, and you can see more if you want, or less if you don't, then cool. What's a seedy underbelly of a city without... ...a seedy underbelly? I don't really see them cramming it down your throat, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I personally don't mind it at all, as long as it isn't completely out of context and there just to pander to little boys.

Being a thief in the underworld though, you're bound to see some bits and pieces occasionally.

Weighed against shooting people in the face with arrows... which is worse really?

Kinda depends on how it's integrated into the game. If it's there, and you can see more if you want, or less if you don't, then cool. What's a seedy underbelly of a city without... ...a seedy underbelly? I don't really see them cramming it down your throat, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I personally don't mind it at all, as long as it isn't completely out of context and there just to pander to little boys.

Being a thief in the underworld though, you're bound to see some bits and pieces occasionally.

Weighed against shooting people in the face with arrows... which is worse really?

Thank you. America's uneasiness with the human form is so odd. Nevermind slaughtering people tho, that's totally cool and unharmful.

After reading some of the PC Gamer preview stuff I'm definitely waiting on this one.

Doesn't look horrible, but doesn't seem like it's anything new. I know this would be a little more involved, but I'm kind of Assassins Creed-ed out.

You're describing Metro 2033/Last Light.

There were key events (paying prostitutes, stealing, killing innocents or unarmed people) that led to the "bad" or the "good" ending. The mindless enemies that you killed throughout the game had no result on the ending.

This is untrue actually. You were allowed some kills but killing people did affect your ending if you didn't do enough good things.

I am willing to pay $15 for this, or $20 for this + all the dlc, but will likely wait until its $10 for everything.

Doesn't look horrible, but doesn't seem like it's anything new. I know this would be a little more involved, but I'm kind of Assassins Creed-ed out.
AC games bore me to tears, I've tried a few times to get into them... Theif, however, was one of the most immersive worlds and engrossing story lines I've experienced. From the looks of this new game, it looks like they at least got the vibe down... let's hope the rest delivers!!!

Yep me too. Played the first AC for about an hour. Watched my brother play for about another hour. Bleh... Loved the Thief series and Dishonored though, and this looks like some combination thereof. Also, if it's by the DE:HR studio, then I really don't have any major worries. Plus, I don't really buy many games beyond indies anymore, so spending a little extra on something that's got a decent shot doesn't seem like a bad idea. :D I'm ready to play this sort of thing again.

Looks pretty good... it's a tall order to make a sequel to this game though.

I can see this game could use TrueAudio to good effect actually also.

Guess the trailer worked, my interest is peaked.

True, but it does look like they're at least on the right track. It's just one of those things. It will never quite be the way it used to be, and in some ways that sucks. In others though, that's just the way things progress. I'll never play another System Shock game most likely. At least, not one that makes me feel like I did when I played the first two. However, if a decent studio gave it their best shot, and actually cared about what they were doing, I probably couldn't fault them for not nailing it 100%. (still with a game like that though, I'd only be willing to budge like 5-10% anyway :D )

Looks pretty good... it's a tall order to make a sequel to this game though.

Not really. Update the graphics, keep the same gameplay, don't consolize it, use the same voice actor for Garret and not some bullshit and thats pretty much it.

I'm gonna wait a while for this title too... hearing they went with the always used , main character gets amnesia and my gal pal underling / apprentice got screwed story line add on plot put a bitter taste in my mouth.
I still have both of the org Thief games,which I loved.
So ,I just hope this isn't DX:HR reskinned / retooled then rewritten to be a Thief game.

Thank you. America's uneasiness with the human form is so odd. Nevermind slaughtering people tho, that's totally cool and unharmful.
To each his own, I guess. I *do* enjoy the thought of beating the game without killing anyone, just for the challenge.

Not really. Update the graphics, keep the same gameplay, don't consolize it, use the same voice actor for Garret and not some bullshit and thats pretty much it.

So they only got "Update the graphics" part right.

Back