HBO Totally Down With HBO Go Password Sharing

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In what may be a first in password thievery, a major company giving a wink and a nod to people who watch HBO content with a ‘borrowed’ HBO Go password. I guess their motto should be ‘If you can’t stop them, don’t even try’. :D

So there you go folks, it’s totally cool to use someone else’s HBO Go password even if you don’t have a subscription. Makes sense, since lack of a HBO subscription doesn’t keep people from watching HBO content.

Whats wrong with password sharing? Just limit how many concurrent devices can use one account, then its really none of their business if its given to a girlfriend or brother.

Whats wrong with password sharing? Just limit how many concurrent devices can use one account, then its really none of their business if its given to a girlfriend or brother.
It's entirely their business as their business is selling subscriptions to view content which cost them some amount of money to deliver. All it means is that they are pricing it while taking that into account. As some people are total sociopaths and will cheat a system them act like nothing happened when they get caught.

It's entirely their business as their business is selling subscriptions to view content which cost them some amount of money to deliver. All it means is that they are pricing it while taking that into account. As some people are total sociopaths and will cheat a system them act like nothing happened when they get caught.

HBO doesn't sell subscriptions last I knew. Your local TV operator does.

It's entirely their business as their business is selling subscriptions to view content which cost them some amount of money to deliver.
That's a good point, as I'm sure they are pricing their product based on their costs, and not just the maximum the market will bare.

After all, its not like the cast of Game of Thrones gets $150,000 per episode or anything, hell, even David Petrarca is quite content with even outright piracy as he's still making more money than he even knows what to do with and worth millions.

Pretty sure they are doing OK on money, password sharing or not, and will not have to downsize to purchasing a smaller private island this year.

HBO doesn't sell subscriptions last I knew. Your local TV operator does.

Which I still don't get. I don't want HBO, or anything else that needs a cable box, but I would not mind having access to HBO to Go. Just not enough to get bring a cable box back into my house. Between HBO to Go, Netflix, and Amazon Prime, I think I would be pretty well set for mindless entertainment.

You can only get a password as a subscriber, and only ONE device logged in with it at a time can watch shit, AND the watching of the shit has been paid for ....

... so why would HBO actually give a shit about WHO was watching?

It's paid for, anyone not already a subscriber, watching content, might become a subscriber ... so it makes good marketing sense.

That's a good point, as I'm sure they are pricing their product based on their costs, and not just the maximum the market will bare.

After all, its not like the cast of Game of Thrones gets $150,000 per episode or anything, hell, even David Petrarca is quite content with even outright piracy as he's still making more money than he even knows what to do with and worth millions.

Pretty sure they are doing OK on money, password sharing or not, and will not have to downsize to purchasing a smaller private island this year.

Lead actors for game of thrones probably get around that amount per an episode if not more. The 3 main actors for icarly made a little over 150k each, an episode on nickelodeon btw. This isn't disney where you make 10k an episode but the rest though concerts and merchandise. Peter Dinklage 150k an episode btw same amount as Lena Headey is what i coudl look up, i'm sure each cast member who shares a similar amount of screen time gets paid around that much.

You can only get a password as a subscriber, and only ONE device logged in with it at a time can watch shit, AND the watching of the shit has been paid for ....

... so why would HBO actually give a shit about WHO was watching?

It's paid for, anyone not already a subscriber, watching content, might become a subscriber ... so it makes good marketing sense.

HBO shouldn't...Your TV provider would OFC. HBO Go's password IIRC is your uname/pword for your cable subscription, which it is probably a violation of your TV TOS to share.

Lead actors for game of thrones probably get around that amount per an episode if not more. The 3 main actors for icarly made a little over 150k each, an episode on nickelodeon btw.
I know, I was being sarcastic. :p And as you said, they could basically buy a regular Joe's house each episode on direct compensation alone, but they also make a fortune on the side from merchandise, interviews, and so forth. Cliffs notes: We're talking more about robinhood economics than taking food from a babies mouth for some family trying to make ends meet, and its hard to have sympathy for HBO and hollywood in general considering their lavish lifestyles.

I know, I was being sarcastic. :p And as you said, they could basically buy a regular Joe's house each episode on direct compensation alone, but they also make a fortune on the side from merchandise, interviews, and so forth. Cliffs notes: We're talking more about robinhood economics than taking food from a babies mouth for some family trying to make ends meet, and its hard to have sympathy for HBO and hollywood in general considering their lavish lifestyles.
Yeah but their profit margins are nothing compared to Internet and cable providers. I have more of problem of exploitation rather than just being expensive in general.

Or... OOORRRR... let me buy an HBO GO membership for $10/month. I would GLADLY pay this to watch HBO a la carte. Take my damn money you fools.

I wish they would allow HBOgo with all cable companies. I can't use it on my Apple TV because I have Charter and those lazy fucks never made a deal. Although I can watch it on my iPhone and technically stream it from there onto my AppleTV.

Lead actors for game of thrones probably get around that amount per an episode if not more. The 3 main actors for icarly made a little over 150k each, an episode on nickelodeon btw. This isn't disney where you make 10k an episode but the rest though concerts and merchandise. Peter Dinklage 150k an episode btw same amount as Lena Headey is what i coudl look up, i'm sure each cast member who shares a similar amount of screen time gets paid around that much.

heh. As quickly as people die on that show, they better get the money while they can.

Good to hear.
I traded with my cousin, access to her Netflix account for access to my HBO Go account.

Back