Battlefield 4 Banned In China

HardOCP News

[H] News
Battlefield 4 banned in China over national security? How can this be? China is normally so open and accepting of these sorts of things. ;)

The Chinese government has officially banned first-person shooter game, Battlefield 4, calling out Electronic Arts (EA) for developing content that threatens the country's national security. It also accused the U.S. game developer for depicting a form of cultural invasion.

I wonder if they or EA will actively enforce this.

If so the amount of hackers will greatly go down.

I wouldn't mind one bit if all of china got banned...

sucks going into a local dallas server and the top 3 players on each team are asian retards with a 300ms ping. (effectively ping hacking) stay on your side of the world if you want to play competitively.

I realize it's not 100% their fault, but they are the ones exploiting it. EA/Dice are just as much to blame for making the game closed (no private servers) and also the craptastic client side hit detection.

It would be like letting a bunch of guys from india join our Nascar races, they show up with a beat to shit taxi that goes 55mph, instead of kicking them out we tell our teams they are restricted now and can't go above 55mph either. Only EA/Dice could turn having a GOOD connection and make it into a disadvantage.

There are private ranked servers and it's real easy to set PB to kick high ping players.

Could it be due to the Chinese characters running around screaming "Godzilla" when he is a Japanese original?

The Chinese should be flattered they took first seat to mideast terrorists and aliens, illegal or otherwise :D

Battlefield 4 banned in China over national security? How can this be? China is normally so open and accepting of these sorts of things. ;)

come one Steve, the US government would ban shit similar to this any time if they want and if it benefits them (it's the "war on terror" after all). basically, they crap all over the constitution and common sense anyway. i'm not saying that the US is China, but that the attitude of those in power is practically the same, just a bit less obvious so you can call it a "democracy".

Not surprised. Hell, one of the battlepacks (or whatever the fuck they're calling DLC) is called China Rising.

It would have been totally hilarious if the ban was simply because the of the games instability.

I can't imagine anyone finding this surprising. I doubt anyone in China really gives a shit about the BF franchise anyway. Asian culture seems far more obsessed with fantasy games (in the magical fantasy type) anyway.

If China made a popular video game that was about invading the US as part of its objective in MP I'm sure they could understand that I would not be crazy about playing it.

I wish media outlets would just think rationally with a tad bit of logic and go "Yea , not really news worthy if you have an IQ above 90" and move on to stories that actually deserve reporting.

come one Steve, the US government would ban shit similar to this any time if they want and if it benefits them (it's the "war on terror" after all). basically, they crap all over the constitution and common sense anyway. i'm not saying that the US is China, but that the attitude of those in power is practically the same, just a bit less obvious so you can call it a "democracy".
Give one example.

So very true

We haven't been importing from Iran (much) because of embargoes in place over nuclear production. If they had made big-budget anti-American video games in Iran instead of slowly producing weapons grade plutonium they would be free to import them here and free Americans would be able to play them all day in the privacy of their own homes. The US supports free trade but not the continued proliferation of nuclear weapons. Trade with Iran will be ramping up here shortly because this polite argument the US has been having with Iran over nuclear weapons since 2009 or so is pretty much over. Iran needs to be able to sell its resources and it needs to import what it doesn't naturally possess in order for its people to flourish.

We haven't been importing from Iran (much) because of embargoes in place over nuclear production. If they had made big-budget anti-American video games in Iran instead of slowly producing weapons grade plutonium they would be free to import them here and free Americans would be able to play them all day in the privacy of their own homes. The US supports free trade but not the continued proliferation of nuclear weapons. Trade with Iran will be ramping up here shortly because this polite argument the US has been having with Iran over nuclear weapons since 2009 or so is pretty much over. Iran needs to be able to sell its resources and it needs to import what it doesn't naturally possess in order for its people to flourish.

First of all, In Iran they are being produced video games with anti-american content, just like in US, games are being produced with anti-Iranian content, so the same embargo China is doing with Battlefield4, is being conducted from all sides, when they feel they could gain some sort of political exploit.
Secondly, besides the games, -since you mentioned the nuclear factor,- it's very hipocrytical from the US, to let other countries like Israel, not only having nuclear weapons, but also to have 1 million Palestinians contained in a concentration camp, for 30-40 years, with noone saying anything, and on the other side to conduct political propaganda against "the tyrranical Iranian regime which supress freedom and democracy":p !! For me who i live in Greece and can see the facts quite neutral, i find this kind of foreign policy quite hilarius if not tragic !

First of all, In Iran they are being produced video games with anti-american content, just like in US, games are being produced with anti-Iranian content, so the same embargo China is doing with Battlefield4, is being conducted from all sides, when they feel they could gain some sort of political exploit.
Secondly, besides the games, -since you mentioned the nuclear factor,- it's very hipocrytical from the US, to let other countries like Israel, not only having nuclear weapons, but also to have 1 million Palestinians contained in a concentration camp, for 30-40 years, with noone saying anything, and on the other side to conduct political propaganda against "the tyrranical Iranian regime which supress freedom and democracy":p !! For me who i live in Greece and can see the facts quite neutral, i find this kind of foreign policy quite hilarius if not tragic !

The embargoes set against Iran go back to 1979 and are similar to our embargo on Cuba. While they primarily deal with their number one export, oil, because of anti-terrorist legislation it applies to firms and banks which restricts a lot of local flavor from coming out. If the embargoes weren't in place we would be free to buy whatever we like from them. That is the great thing about capitalism, the market decides what succeeds and what doesn't. If Iran produced a Triple A game that have overt anti-American propaganda there is a great chance it would sell extremely well, considering all of the other anti-American propaganda that is allowed to sell and thrive over here.

The U.S. doesn't "let" anyone not have nuclear weapons, the NPT restriction is a general consensus that nuclear weapon proliferation is just bad and as such over 190 countries have joined the cause with South Africa dismantling all of their nuclear arms when joining. Israel "doesn't" have a nuclear arsenal although it is widely believed they do. It is just bad business to let every country have nuclear weapons so it is widely discouraged from pursuing them. Countries like North Korea and Iran have overtly hostile intentions towards neighbors which also happen to be friends of ours so yes, we work aggressively hard to keep actively hostile nations with numerous current human right violations from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Plenty of examples: do you see the US importing anything that comes from Iran for example? (*either games or anything else)
For one, there are sanctions in effect with Iran. Not the same thing.

And Maybe Iran isn't known for awesome games that appeal to Americans. No Market and/or public objection is not the same as Government censorship. So until you supply details that explain its based on content, this isn't even an example of the US government blocking something based on content or possibly the US government even being the reason.

It is just bad business to let every country have nuclear weapons so it is widely discouraged from pursuing them. Countries like North Korea and Iran have overtly hostile intentions towards neighbors which also happen to be friends of ours so yes, we work aggressively hard to keep actively hostile nations with numerous current human right violations from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Yes, but to protect your friends doesn't make you just, it's only makes you good friend !!
If someone for example protects a criminal, this is only good for the criminal, doesn't have anything to do with protecting/preserving justice.
Also you say that: "Israel "doesn't" have a nuclear arsenal although it is widely believed they do". Well don't forget that Iran also says the same, that doesn't have or intent to make nuclear weapons, so this works both ways, if you choose to believe the one side you also have to believe the other side if you want to be considered objective.
And don't forget that although Iran is being inspected all the time by UN inspectors, noone goes to Israel to inspect their facilities.
For me the facts are pretty obvious and speaking for themselves, so obvious that i don't even have to analyze them any further!

For one, there are sanctions in effect with Iran. Not the same thing.
And Maybe Iran isn't known for awesome games that appeal to Americans. No Market and/or public objection is not the same as Government censorship. So until you supply details that explain its based on content, this isn't even an example of the US government blocking something based on content or possibly the US government even being the reason.

Listen, it isn't my purpose to be contained only at one area such is the video games. If you are accussing someone for blocking free market, then you have also to consider if you are doing the same, even if you do it on different areas, such is the embargo.
My goal is to be objective, and to be such, you have to analyze every factor, not just the one that promotes your interest (*My responce to your comment is general, it's not directed against you)

In a way it's somewhat understandable, you would be "killing" Chinese soldiers and I can imagine that not everyone in China would be happy with that.

Would a game were for example China invades the US and you have to kill US soldiers be allowed in the United States? Or a Middle-East army invading Israel in the future?

Ya' think Operation Ajax might have had anything to do with why US / Iranian relations is so fubar?
Watch "History of Iran, Operation Ajax" on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8ybj5KULmA
He who controls the oil, controls the world. At least so far, that is........

Interesting video, but if someone wants to make historical assumptions must have very deep knowledge of the historical facts, in order to make accurate assumptions. This knowledge comes from reading history books analyzed by historians and not by watching a 9 min video of unknown source. I'm not saying it's not accurate, i'm saying that -personaly-, only if i devote thousands of hours on history books, i will tell my opinion on historical facts.
Since i don't know the history of Iran, my comments will be limited only at the political level and not the historical one.

Also you say that: "Israel "doesn't" have a nuclear arsenal although it is widely believed they do". Well don't forget that Iran also says the same, that doesn't have or intent to make nuclear weapons, so this works both ways, if you choose to believe the one side you also have to believe the other side if you want to be considered objective.
And don't forget that although Iran is being inspected all the time by UN inspectors, noone goes to Israel to inspect their facilities.
For me the facts are pretty obvious and speaking for themselves, so obvious that i don't even have to analyze them any further!

You should be willing to analyze further because nothing is "obvious" when it comes to global politics, also because you would know Israel doesn't have any nuclear facilities to inspect.

You should be willing to analyze further because nothing is "obvious" when it comes to global politics, also because you would know Israel doesn't have any nuclear facilities to inspect.

OK, since you are asking me to "analyze further", i'll analyze it.
We have the following facts:
1) Israel keeps 1 million Palestinian people in concetration camp for decades, and no international or national organisation dares to intervene to stop it.
2)During the Israeli attack and bombings on Gaza, on January 2009, Israel's foreign miinister Gipi Livni told that : "Noone will dictates us how will defend our people", refering to United Nations !!! :eek:(*So miss Livni was telling the world that we don't care about international organisations and laws and we will do what we please!!!)
3)During the same bombings, Israel was accused by UN observers that they used forbidden weapons by international law, and specifically bombs of white phosphorous, weapons that are causing terrible burning wounds that cannot be healed.!!!
4)On May 2010, Israeli commandos attacked a ship which was carrying foods and suplies for the Palestinians in Gaza. The attack was launched when the ship was at international waters 65 kilometers from the coast of Gaza, and executed 9 civilians i say again in international waters!!

So put these facts all together, and combine these with the fact that Iran hasn't hurt anybody(so far at least), yet it suffers a strong embargo for years for nuclear weapons that it doesn't have, while Israel stays intact besides all the things it has done, and you can figure out which country must be inspected for nuclear weapons, and which country should be in embargo!! :rolleyes:

The embargoes set against Iran go back to 1979 and are similar to our embargo on Cuba. While they primarily deal with their number one export, oil, because of anti-terrorist legislation it applies to firms and banks which restricts a lot of local flavor from coming out. If the embargoes weren't in place we would be free to buy whatever we like from them. That is the great thing about capitalism, the market decides what succeeds and what doesn't. If Iran produced a Triple A game that have overt anti-American propaganda there is a great chance it would sell extremely well, considering all of the other anti-American propaganda that is allowed to sell and thrive over here.

The U.S. doesn't "let" anyone not have nuclear weapons, the NPT restriction is a general consensus that nuclear weapon proliferation is just bad and as such over 190 countries have joined the cause with South Africa dismantling all of their nuclear arms when joining. Israel "doesn't" have a nuclear arsenal although it is widely believed they do. It is just bad business to let every country have nuclear weapons so it is widely discouraged from pursuing them. Countries like North Korea and Iran have overtly hostile intentions towards neighbors which also happen to be friends of ours so yes, we work aggressively hard to keep actively hostile nations with numerous current human right violations from obtaining nuclear weapons.

And yet it is okay for the good ol' US to have nuke's and strip away human rights from it's own amendment as it see's fit to suit it global needs and government greed....:rolleyes:

And yet it is okay for the good ol' US to have nuke's and strip away human rights from it's own amendment as it see's fit to suit it global needs and government greed....:rolleyes:

There are lots of people in the US that wish we could get rid of every nuclear weapon in the country but the reality is that there is a storage problem, a security problem, and outside threats to consider.

I'm not sure which human rights you are referring to but in Chinese occupied Tibet monks are burning themselves alive in protest pretty often. That's why there are games like this.

I'm not sure which human rights you are referring to but in Chinese occupied Tibet monks are burning themselves alive in protest pretty often. That's why there are games like this.

I don't think that anyone will argue with what you are saying. You are correct ;)

OK, since you are asking me to "analyze further", i'll analyze it.
We have the following facts:
1) Israel keeps 1 million Palestinian people in concetration camp for decades, and no international or national organisation dares to intervene to stop it.

That would be because Israel doesnt have 1 or has ever had 1 million Palestinian people in concentration camps.

2)During the Israeli attack and bombings on Gaza, on January 2009, Israel's foreign miinister Gipi Livni told that : "Noone will dictates us how will defend our people", refering to United Nations !!! :eek:(*So miss Livni was telling the world that we don't care about international organisations and laws and we will do what we please!!!)

So every country does the same. The UN can only observe and recommend. Israel isn't very trusting when it comes to others protecting it's sovereignty. Nor should it be. It is surrounded by countries hostile to it that have threatened to wipe Israel from off the face off the earth. I don't think any one of is can understand what it is like to live in a constant state of duress. We think we k ow whats best and we think this is how things should be but everytime Israel has agreed to a treaty the other side has broke it. Kinda hard to let your guard down in that situation. Not saying it is right or wrong I'm just saying it isn't as black and white as you want it to be.

3)During the same bombings, Israel was accused by UN observers that they used forbidden weapons by international law, and specifically bombs of white phosphorous, weapons that are causing terrible burning wounds that cannot be healed.!!!

Perhaps hamas should stop firing rockets into Israel then? Two wrongs don't make a right but stop acting like Israel is just willy nilly attacking stuff. I don't agree with Israel or any military force inside residential or populated areas but if you keep pushing Israel's buttons you know how they're going to respond. Which is probably why they're so easy to look bad. They don't respond with slaps on the wrist. You poke them with a stick they're going to hit you with a sledgehammer.

4)On May 2010, Israeli commandos attacked a ship which was carrying foods and suplies for the Palestinians in Gaza. The attack was launched when the ship was at international waters 65 kilometers from the coast of Gaza, and executed 9 civilians i say again in international waters!!

Might want to go read the UN report there. There were serious concerns about the floatilla and their true intentions even in the UN report. For just being civilians they sure came prepared for a fight as there were serious injuries sustained among the Israeli commandos. Yes while Israel was guilty of excessive force it goes back to the previous issue. Don't fuck with Israel or threaten their security. Next time you attempt to do something illegal albeit for a good cause punch the cop there doing his job and see how he responds.

So put these facts all together, and combine these with the fact that Iran hasn't hurt anybody(so far at least), yet it suffers a strong embargo for years for nuclear weapons that it doesn't have, while Israel stays intact besides all the things it has done, and you can figure out which country must be inspected for nuclear weapons, and which country should be in embargo!! :rolleyes:

You might want to go ahead and check on Iran's human rights violations there. Might also want to check on Iran's military presence in Iraq, Syria, Palestine and elsewhere before you go claiming that.

Look none of this has to do with Israel not having nuclear facilities. Israel isn't some white washed virgin being harassed but Israel has every right to protect and defend its sovereignty. The complexities of that area are too vast to get into and would derail this thread moreso than we've already derailed it. If Israel gave into all the demands do you think the hatred against them would stop?

I wonder if they or EA will actively enforce this.

If so the amount of hackers will greatly go down.

Eh? I think you are confused. Google Artificially Aiming. 99.999-repeating of course-% of users are Westerners.

Not many Chinese can afford to pay for professional hacks.

Eh? I think you are confused. Google Artificially Aiming. 99.999-repeating of course-% of users are Westerners.

Not many Chinese can afford to pay for professional hacks.

Well over 1000 hours of BF3 & BF4 says Im right.

I didn't say they paid for hacks, westerners are the ones that will actually pay for them.

Personally, I'm surprised that EA didn't learn the lesson after C&C General received a similar reaction from the Chinese government a decade or so ago..

Back