$800 HTPC Case

Yeah I don't need a 7" touch screen on my pc. Wonder how much it would be without.

Damn. It doesn't even include their neat cabling, cooling, a PSU, or much else.
I'm sure the aesthetics are dandy, but it seems pretty similar to a fancy Corsair 540 AIR with a touch screen.

I've never been a fan of touch on my HTPC, the whole point is automation and not having to get up off the couch. My HTPC is under my Ikea TV stand, it is completely out of the way and only an IR dongle is seen.

Nice case. If i wanted to display my gaming pc with a ton of high priced audio gear, i wouldnt have an issue spending 800 bucks on this. Cheap htpc cases just dont look that great. Even within Silverstone's product line you have to spend over 200 dollars for a case that will fit in with nice av gear.

Hmm, I dont know of too many htpcs with 3x GPUs and liquid cooling. This is more like a gaming console, and in that case what's the point of the touchscreen?

it's the white cotton gloves that drive the price up. handmade by Virgins of Egyptian Long staple cotton, 2000 thread count for the ultimate in HTPC assembly comfort.

Nice case. If i wanted to display my gaming pc with a ton of high priced audio gear, i wouldnt have an issue spending 800 bucks on this. Cheap htpc cases just dont look that great. Even within Silverstone's product line you have to spend over 200 dollars for a case that will fit in with nice av gear.

So why wouldn't you just buy the Silverstone CW03 instead of going with a company you've never heard of?

$800 isn't that bad....

The OrigenAE S21T was considerably more expensive (over $1k new in 2007)
http://www.origenae.com/en/htpc_s21t.htm

There's one still on Amazon for $1235 + $64 S&H.

If anything, I'd say the one for $800 is an updated version of the S21T (though I will admit that the S21T will not hold as large a motherboard).

Pssshhh, $800 if you cheap out and go bare bones. But for just several hundred more you can get all the recommended items and have the complete experience.

"The LEET Chassis can hold up to E-ATX motherboards" . Those cases that hold eatx boards usually run $150-$300.

But $800! Holy schnikey!

"The LEET Chassis can hold up to E-ATX motherboards" . Those cases that hold eatx boards usually run $150-$300.

But $800! Holy schnikey!

To add on...this is e only htpc case I bought "nMEDIAPC Red Wood Wood/Steel HTPC 8000 ATX Media Center / HTPC Case" and I already cut a hole out on top for venting and a larger psu died due to horrible intake which another hole should be cut out!

If money was of no concern and I was absolutely in love with the design and had to have it; sure, here's $800. But I think of a small hand full of cases more suited to a reasonable budget and build than this case. Not to say it isn't a nice case...

Back