$10,000 24-Karat Gold Xbox One

So when we went to London a few months ago, we went to Harrods. I wanted to go for the food halls. There is so much tacky crap that is marketed to people who have insane amounts of money and nothing better to spend it on than whatever shiny object catches their eye.

There were these blue crystal gorilla statues that were ~16 inches high. They were completely hideous, still cost $20K GBP. :confused:

It is still the most ugly over sized console I have ever seen in my life even with the gold. Cheep 80s vcr and cable box

LOL, what are they going to play on it though? A shitty micro-transaction infested racer or a bullshit, press A win, QTE interactive movie of some shitty roman gladiator faggotry?

LOL I thought I was the only one who was annoyed with micro-transactions. Hey let's put out a game with all these great cars on the advertisement, but then charge people up the ass to unlock them all.

comes with every single xbox one games that will be released for free?

That looks pretty dope. I can't wait till I get my normal XB1 for X-Mas. Killer Instinct and FIFA14 here I come!

Wonder how much gold is really in it. Something strikes me odd on the angled corner near the top it has a funny texture, almost like they basically used gold leaf over the plastic case.

I thought the whole point of a console is that its cheaper to buy and throw-away when the next generation comes out.

If spending that much, the retard should have made a gold custom PC with badass components, and he could surely reuse the chassis multiple times through upgrades down the road.

So. Much. Fail.

Ducman, "spending that much" is relative. To some people $20K is like $20 to others. It's all about having a relative point of view.

Yellow gold is so gaudy anyway and I've never cared for it as it is way too ostentatious. Having a giant brick of plastic coated in it is even worse. Now, polished titanium on the other hand is amazing.

I'll bet my aluminum foil plated Gameboy that some Saudi buys this thing.

Haven't you heard? If you get all the achievements on CoD:Ghosts your Xbox will turn gold! Only if you've enabled dev mode though... Bahaha.

I've never understood some people's fascination with gold possessions--like bathroom faucets and of course this monstrosity. It looks so tacky and cheap to me, like the folks who wear leopard-skin jackets and plaid pants--that sort of thing. No class at all. Rings I can understand, but that's about as far as it goes. Tasteless.

We gold plate where i work, could probably do the same for about $1200 out of pocket.

You know, for a purportedly precious metal that has such supposed value, why do we waste it on shit like this?

Back