Noctua NH-U12S CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Noctua NH-U12S CPU cooler got the thumbs up today (5 out of 5 stars) from the review crew at ocaholic. You can see our evaluation of this cooler here.

With their NH-U12S, Noctua has yet another single tower cooler in its portfolio. The company, which has it's roots in Austria, is very well known for making high-end after market coolers, which offer great cooling performance as well as a low noise levels. We're quite curious to find out if Noctua is able to continue with this tradition and the fact, that this cooler is rather slim makes it quite interesting.

As I've asked in the other thread:

How have you set up AIDA64 for the load test?

You say you wait 20 minutes and check temperatures, but is it with the first four boxes on the stress test checked, or just a selection of them?

Because for example the FPU-only test can produce much, much higher temps very quickly. So I'm wondering what kind of test was actually run to have those temperature numbers you show in the review.

This because in my case an overclock to 4200+ with even 1.2 voltage can produce temperatures in the upper 80 with the FPU only tests, VERY quickly. Whereas if I run AIDA64 with all the four first boxes checked the temperatures are much lower, in the 60 with rare peaks above 75.

So I'm trying to figure out if I'm in a normal range, or if I've done something wrong with the paste. I've put a little it in the center, and maybe it got spread not so uniformly and only toward one side (since I have one core that is 10-11 degrees under the others, at peak).

Back