Humble Jumbo Bundle Launches with Six Massive Games

I have 3 of those already. i wonder how the other ones are.

This one hit on the 3rd AFAIK. I just couldn't pass it up. SS3BFE (loved all the others) is what caught my eye, the rest are just bonuses I'll get around to later, a few actually look interesting. Same thing tends to happen with all other HBs.

I wonder if these game publishers are writing off the quantity sold for a tax break at the full retail amount of the game.

There's gotta be some angle we're not seeing, as megacorps like EA don't just get out of bed and feel charitable one day and put their $60 game in a HB for $10

I wonder if these game publishers are writing off the quantity sold for a tax break at the full retail amount of the game.

There's gotta be some angle we're not seeing, as megacorps like EA don't just get out of bed and feel charitable one day and put their $60 game in a HB for $10

Personally I could car less why they do it, I'm just happy that they do things like this for various charities, and more specifically I'm thrilled that this is for Child's Play as I've supported that charity since the year it started.

Not only do I give to them each year but we started a tradition years ago where each holiday season my son picks and item from the nearest Children's Hospital Amazon wish list and we donate it as well.

Bought 2 bundles already. Gave some away & beefed up the wifes (so far unused) steam account.

Your a day late and dollar short min of us got it a 5 days ago

jumped on this early and really enjoying NS2!!! fun shit.. and really not that complicated to figure out.. the youtube tuts help a lot..

I bought this one on the third, just after the sale started, and still don't know why. I've already uninstalled all the games I installed. Already had Orcs. I might install Sanctum again, but not really into any more tower defense games. I played the first one a bit, but got bored with it, too. I was kinda looking forward to NS2, but I didn't realize it was a multiplayer online game. I don't do those any more.

Fark humble bundle they sold out and the new steam thing is complete BS.

I'm confused. How is this different from the normal bundles with 6 games? The games offered aren't even that great - save for maybe SS3. Also, why not wait until next week when they run the same thing with 6 more games. I understand it's for a good cause and all but still seems strange to me.

I'm sure they are. They can probably even figure in some additional overhead and count it as volunteered time at value $X. On top of that, it's digital copies which cost them effectively nothing to produce and the games they offer it on are often well into the long tail of sales. On top of that, the advertising pipeline is essentially free. I'm guessing the cost to get a copy in front of a buyers eyes via humble bundle is WAY less than most other retail channels physical or digital. This matters even more to indie developers as getting $1.10 form humble bundle may not be that much less than what they get after expenses for selling it in other manners. They moved about half a million units on this one, at $5, each developer sees about $0.50 at the default distribution. That's about $250k. Add to that your game doesn't ahve to be appealing on it's own, and you may sell copies to folks you never would have otherwise, and it's basically found money. Heck magika has been $2.99. With a deduction, it may net them more black ink than a $2.99 sale on steam.

Back