Microsoft Launches Bing Maps Preview App for Windows 8.1

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft has released an App on Windows 8.1 for the Bing Maps Preview, featuring high definition 3-D aerial coverage. If you viewing in 3-D, be sure to take your motion sickness pills beforehand. :D

Most notably, the new application boasts 3D road and aerial coverage, assembled with the help of "world builders" from the video game industry and expert photogrammetrists, using high-definition aerial cameras.

Before Google maps, MS had some pretty solid road route planning software, Streets. It dated all the way back to Win95 I believe. Good stuff.
I love Google maps.
That being said, REAL competition is fantastic because MS and Google will be pushing each other to keep as recent as possible. We win by getting the most reliable data available.
Face it, Apple Maps doesn't count for the majority of users because its iPhone only.

Looks like a crappy Google Earth knockoff only it has to be accessed through Metro and appears to be built for touch.

Backbutton.

Before Google maps, MS had some pretty solid road route planning software, Streets. It dated all the way back to Win95 I believe. Good stuff.
I love Google maps.
That being said, REAL competition is fantastic because MS and Google will be pushing each other to keep as recent as possible. We win by getting the most reliable data available.
Face it, Apple Maps doesn't count for the majority of users because its iPhone only.

I remember impressing people by showing them ms terraserver back in 2000. Everyone wanted to see their house from satellite.

Back