This May Be a First: A PC Game Canceled After It’s Released

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Most game companies will take your money for a game and if anything gets glitchy, they fix it at their leisure and keep your hard earned cash. Not so with games publisher 505 Games. It’s a Christmas Miracle! :D

Someone just needs to cancel 505 games. They are terrible!!

First game I seen by them is the all time worst half-licensed movie tie-in "Grease". What a POS. If people think DSI is a bad company then 505 takes it to a new level.

Proof you can't develop games and drop acid at the same time:rolleyes:

The big question is why in the hell did it get released in the first place. The developers clearly knew it was fucked.

The big question is why in the hell did it get released in the first place. The developers clearly knew it was fucked.

Publisher: You need to release this game by the date we set

Developer: It won't be ready yet

Publisher: Who cares, make it ready enough and we can fix the bugs after the initial release

Developer: Ok boss, you write the checks.
(uploads to steam)

Didn't this pretty much happen with postal 3? Running with Scissors subbed it out vs making it in house like the first two. This one was pulled from steam and Running with Scissors has pretty much separated themselves from it.

The video makes as much sense as any other cricket game I've ever seen. The video is supposed to show things going wrong, but other than players running through each other, was there anything else?

Well, at least they cancelled it. Had EA been in charge, they would have just announced a sequel.

Or made paid DLC. THINK of the lost business opportunities of being honest and doing the right thing!

Or made paid DLC. THINK of the lost business opportunities of being honest and doing the right thing!

You are both wrong. EA would never release it in that state... No micro-payments, no in-game adverts & no always online requirement.

Publisher: You need to release this game by the date we set

Developer: It won't be ready yet

Publisher: Who cares, make it ready enough and we can fix the bugs after the initial release

Developer: Ok boss, you write the checks.
(uploads to steam)

Actually they were behind by many months. Sorry if it was in this article as I didn't look at this one but trying to recall from what I heard yesterday.

I think I originally heard it was supposed to have been released back in June as that was when the actually Ashes Tournament was and they pushed it back and were just able to release it on Nov 22. There was also supposed to be Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS 3 versions of the game but they never made it to release. Not sure if they even started on them from how the article sounded. So they weren't trying to make any release date as that was long gone by now.

Uhg.. All camera/cell footage from some schmuck with a DVR should be automatically deleted from YouTube (they should have that tech right?). Get a damn tuner card, download Afterburner... something!!! I personally couldn't hear a damn thing on that video as I was moving to close the tab.

Anyway, the game looks like it has some problems. Funny to watch though, looks like major drunken multiplayer in all reality. lol

As is my understanding of the game "cricket", this video pretty much makes sense

In all fairness, 505 is doing better than EA. You could actually see the glitches unlike in EA games where you just get a black screen and crash to desktop. :rolleyes:

It was so broken, Steam pulled it shortly after it went on sale. I knew something was up then, and I read a short while later about what was really up with the game. The Dev was more at fault here than the Pub. It's more like they didn't know what they were doing.

Uhg.. All camera/cell footage from some schmuck with a DVR should be automatically deleted from YouTube (they should have that tech right?). Get a damn tuner card, download Afterburner... something!!! I personally couldn't hear a damn thing on that video as I was moving to close the tab.

Anyway, the game looks like it has some problems. Funny to watch though, looks like major drunken multiplayer in all reality. lol

Agreed. But soccer is best viewed from this media format...as for the cricket game, I thought is was a accurate rendition of how the game is actually played.

No, the "Capty" will not be too happy about that. Darn right ashamed. In fact, you're fired from the team.

It was so broken, Steam pulled it shortly after it went on sale. I knew something was up then, and I read a short while later about what was really up with the game. The Dev was more at fault here than the Pub. It's more like they didn't know what they were doing.

you one of the people that bought the game?

Am I the only one that looked at this video and thought, "what's wrong here? This looks like any other game of cricket I have seen." The only thing missing was the near unintelligible commentary.:p

Back