Apple Breaks into Positive Territory First Time This Year

I can see this as being interesting/important to almost no one...;) However, it does tend to remind us of all of how grossly overpriced a share of Apple stock is, should we become so desperate and silly that we might actually consider buying a share or two. In that sense, I suppose these little blurbs are Public Service Announcements--all they lack is the "warning, warning, bottom to fall out imminently!" stickers to go with them.

Apple shares would be right on the mark @ $40 a share, imo.

I can see this as being interesting/important to almost no one...;) However, it does tend to remind us of all of how grossly overpriced a share of Apple stock is, should we become so desperate and silly that we might actually consider buying a share or two. In that sense, I suppose these little blurbs are Public Service Announcements--all they lack is the "warning, warning, bottom to fall out imminently!" stickers to go with them.

Apple shares would be right on the mark @ $40 a share, imo.

The value of a stock is very subjective ... is Google stock worth more than $1000 per share ... Berkshire Hathaway is just a tad under $175,000 per share and is considered a bargain at that price ... although it is certainly possible that Apple is overpriced I doubt it is worth even less than Facebook (which is $47 per share) :cool:

The price of a share of stock tells you almost nothing about the company it is a part of. The number of shares is the second half of the equation.

Microsoft's share price is ~$40. Apple's is ~$500. But Microsoft has 8 billion shares and Apple has 900 million.

Berkshire Hathaway's share price is so high because Buffett does not like to do share splits. In general, a person who feels richer with 100 $1 shares than 1 $100 share is the type of person you don't want investing in your company.

The price of a share of stock tells you almost nothing about the company it is a part of. The number of shares is the second half of the equation.

Microsoft's share price is ~$40. Apple's is ~$500. But Microsoft has 8 billion shares and Apple has 900 million.

Berkshire Hathaway's share price is so high because Buffett does not like to do share splits. In general, a person who feels richer with 100 $1 shares than 1 $100 share is the type of person you don't want investing in your company.

That's why all of the tickers give a market cap :)

The PE ratio comes into play as well ... Apple has a P/E of around 14 ... Google in the 30's ... Berkshire Hathaway in the 20's ... and Facebook is estimated to be in the 70's (for next year) ... another bell weather stock (Exxon) has a P/E of around 12 and trades at $93 with a very similar market cap to Apple ... Apple doesn't appear to be doing that bad by those standards :cool:

And yet Apple still hasn't made anything new, just making new version of old products. I don't think this can sustain them forever though. Share holders should be worried about this.

I believe if Jobs was still alive they would of had something new already.

If the stock price is up, their products must have recently improved. Time for me to go by that new ipad.

And yet Apple still hasn't made anything new, just making new version of old products. I don't think this can sustain them forever though. Share holders should be worried about this.

I believe if Jobs was still alive they would of had something new already.

You could argue that apple for the most part has always just upgraded their products. The rumors are helping them likely as people expect new products sometime soon. This year the new trash can Mac Pro is the closest thing to a new product.

You can argue that almost all companies simply make better versions of the same things over and over.

Back