Katie Couric to Become Yahoo’s Global News Anchor

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Yahoo is evolving under the guidance of CEO Marissa Mayer into an original in-house programming platform, with well known, big ticket media talent to draw a new audience to Yahoo. The announcement of Couric’s deal and role within Yahoo will be held on Monday.

It’s the latest flashy move by CEO Marissa Mayer to try to goose the staid image of Yahoo and provide users with unique reasons to come to Yahoo.

What about the fact that everyone hates Katie Couric?
That said, grabbing a real news anchor for this kind of thing is genius.

conservatives don't like her. not everyone.

Oh I'm not talking about her politics. I mean, there has to be a reason why she can't find a home at any of the major neworks; she'd had a spot at all three, but for relatively short stints after her morning show work.
She went from CBS Nightly News (or was it NBC?) To being a web-only presence. She's either horrible to employ, or she pulls no ratings because people don't like her.

I don't like Couric and don't really care about Yahoo either. So...bleh.:p

Mo is right. Nobody likes her. Her current show on ABC has the worst ratings. She's going down. Washed up has been.

Does that mean that a Yahoo will also be an acceptable unit of measure for human feces since it is now equal to one Katie Couric?

I never thought I'd see the day when [H] was chatting up Katie Couric...;) [Someone hold the door, please, I'm going to hurl.]

It is Yahoo, not exactly known for the conservative views on anything. Katie drove conservative viewers AWAY from CBS causing a tangible loss in viewers, but I'm not sure there are any conservative viewers to start with for Yahoo... Maybe a good fit.

worm

Not suprised. A fellow female in power getting another buddy a job.

The vast majority of CEOs are men who were put in place by men just because they're men. (See? It works the other way too.)

Truthfully the process is all about clubs, the glass ceiling is impenetrable to everyone who isn't in the club, regardless of gender.

If you're a left wing nutjob and can't keep a job on The View, you know you don't have much of a chance on TV.

Wow, she already earned a yearly salary of ~$40 million. That's pretty good considering how poor her ratings are.

She's horrid, but she does have a die-hard group of followers. She's generally a bore, isn't very good looking, and has the mental acumen of a wet newspaper.

She's horrid, but she does have a die-hard group of followers. She's generally a bore, isn't very good looking, and has the mental acumen of a wet newspaper.

I disagree. The average Detroit newspaper has a broader vocabulary than Couric.

I guess since she can't hold a job on TV, a failing search engine company is the next thing up from having her own youtube channel.

In a couple years she'll just host the local radio show somewhere in the boons. :D

Oh I'm not talking about her politics. I mean, there has to be a reason why she can't find a home at any of the major neworks; she'd had a spot at all three, but for relatively short stints after her morning show work.
She went from CBS Nightly News (or was it NBC?) To being a web-only presence. She's either horrible to employ, or she pulls no ratings because people don't like her.

Both. Her ratings sucked ass and those who worked with her hated her.

Its not her politics. Almost all come from the same political pool of thought. She"s annoying if you ever watched her on a talk show and she's the guest which makes the pulp even less palatable and she's no longer 'hot' for what passed for hot when she first started. All the morning chicks are 10x hotter now than when she was at her best 25 yrs and 60lbs ago. Makes the pulp even less palatable.

OTOH natalie morales can apologize for Obama all morning long and I'll put up with it.

Back