World’s First Bitcoin ATM Set to Go Live Tuesday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Robocoin, the manufacturers of the world’s first ATM designed for Bitcoin transactions, will install the first of many Bitcoin ATMs starting with a Vancouver coffee house. It’s a start, not a very big one, but it’s a start. :cool:

- Makes a deposit at 2:00pm
-Goes to make a withdraw at 7:00pm and find that Bitcoins have dropped $70 in value......
It will be a little bit longer before bitcoin is less volatile. I'd say by June that it will be a fully viable currency

I'm no marketing genius, but that picture should be updated with someone a little less geeky and creepy looking

I'd say by June that it will be a fully viable currency

Bitcoin will never be a currency more than Yugioh cards. It's ridiculous in principle. Considering the gargantuan waste of power required to mine them, the whole damn thing should be outlawed.

Bitcoin will never be a currency more than Yugioh cards. It's ridiculous in principle. Considering the gargantuan waste of power required to mine them, the whole damn thing should be outlawed.

I hope this is sarcasm, but I suspect it's not. If you're serious, you should either read more about the strengths of bitcoin, or not bother yourself with discussing it.

The total bitcoin value is a little over 2 billion USD. There are major players putting money into it, and there are some big players making ASCI miners to keep up with the increasing difficulty, with more and more power efficient designs.

I'm not going to launch into a defense of bitcoin, but I will encourage you (or more likely other readers) to learn more before judging.

There are a lot of millionaires who started mining in the beginning, when bitcoins were worth virtually nothing. They'll tell you bitcoin isn't ridiculous in principle.

If you have money you can afford to lose, fair enough.
I dont.

hehe ASCI miners.... (I knew you meant ASIC though)

I've made a little bit of money with bitcoin, maybe 1K over the past 2 years? Small time I know, only profitable coin now is Litecoin/Feathercoin for us GPU guys.

If you have the money to risk (i don't) sure, you can buy an ASIC miner (hope it gets delivered in a reasonable amount of time) and then hope you can make your return before difficulty spikes up.

Even with just a handful of 6970s/7970's I could have made ass loads of money had I started from teh beginning and bought/sold at the right times.

There are success stories out there - but it was mostly luck for some of the people that go big pay offs.

How many times must it be stated that BTC is an investment vehicle. We all know it isn't viable currency.

How many times must it be stated that BTC is an investment vehicle. We all know it isn't viable currency.

Bullshit. Stocks are an "investment vehicle," because in principle you could use them to purchase a controlling stake in a company that has free cash flow.

Bitcoins are a speculative vehicle and nothing else. They have zero real value apart from what a bunch of gamblers are willing to bet on them.

Dollars pay taxes, and are legally decreed as sufficient to pay any debts.

Bitcoin will never be a currency more than Yugioh cards.

They've already been used as currency all over the world, from internet transactions to brick-and-mortar businesses, so congratulations on making an observation that simple hindsight shatters.

the whole damn thing should be outlawed.

Yes, because if you don't see the point of something, everyone else should be barred from using it. :rolleyes:

Back