Apple Addresses Motion Sickness Issue

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this article, Apple has released a 92MB update that, among other things, helps iPhone users suffering from motion sickness.

However, for some, the most welcome addition will be the ‘reduce motion' controls so that the 3D effects and zooming, which are hallmarks of iOS7, can be tailored. When the operating system first launched, Apple's community board became awash with users complaining that the animated effects was making them feel sick.

so all the bell and whistles are been nerfed on iOS7? so iOS7 = my little pony graphics + iOS6???

Seriously? What kind of namby pamby hipster gets motion sick from looking at the small screen on their phone? The world is coming to an end gents, it going to go out with a whimper. There will only be a bang if an iPhone battery explodes.

Seriously? What kind of namby pamby hipster gets motion sick from looking at the small screen on their phone? The world is coming to an end gents, it going to go out with a whimper. There will only be a bang if an iPhone battery explodes.

This.

i couldnt say it better...

Yeah, says the person who would scream like a baby if he had a real ride in an F16. :D

Does it affect the overall experience in any negative way?

like Android's animated background, it's naturally a drain on the battery. It's pretty neat the first couple hours, but then who cares? I have my reduced motion enabled (that is, the 3D effects turned off).

I Get motion sickness from my PS Vita or my 3DS or my cell phone...but only if im in the car trying to play otherwise its fine

so all the bell and whistles are been nerfed on iOS7? so iOS7 = my little pony graphics + iOS6???

No, sorry, the My Little Pony graphics OS is Windows 8.

MLPP4W8.png

turned off that parallex motion bs almost instantly. all this jazz to add stupid bs to drain the battery while not enhancing the user experience in any way is dumb. So I need to install somethin that's almost 100MB just to take something out? genius.

It's a gimmick and you should be able to turn it off, but it is hard to imagine anyone getting motion sick from it and I get sick from playing FPS games, or reading in a car going around corners.

Reduce Motion was already a feature (at least in 7.0.2). My brother turned it off on his iPad so his wallpapers wouldn't be zoomed in

What does being a hipster or a anything else have with motion sickness? News flash, people get motion sickness, it has nothing to do with with the size of their testicles.

Some car racing games give me motion sickness... actual real life car racing in proper race cars on slicks doesn't give me motion sickness.

What does being a hipster or a anything else have with motion sickness? News flash, people get motion sickness, it has nothing to do with with the size of their testicles.

Some car racing games give me motion sickness... actual real life car racing in proper race cars on slicks doesn't give me motion sickness.

You want motion sickness, try playing the original Wolfenstein 3d on a newer computer. The fps is so high that it creates a kind of weird fish-eye motion effect. Only thing I have ever seen in a video game that would potentially give me motion sickness.

I think all that needs to be said is this.

Fuck iOS 7.

Back