Microsoft Is Working On A Version Of Google Glass?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to The Wall Street Journal, the folks in Redmond are working on their own version of Google Glass. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone? Hell, I'm not even sure about Google Glass.

The company is testing prototypes for Internet-connected eyewear similar to Google's Glass, people familiar with the matter told The Wall Street Journal, underscoring the company’s ambitions to go head-to-head with Google, Samsung and Apple on devices.

Lol..this should be good..I wonder what horrible UI they will attempt to shoehorn into that..oh wait...

Of course they are. That should be their moto, "You make it , we take it".

ZUNE all over again :)

Microsoft lacks the vision to handle consumer products well. I am not sure what was wrong with the zune other then they lacked vision on where to take the product. IMHO they should make a phone sized device to compete with a touch. The problem is that you have so much profit in phones they rarely care about other markets. Carriers pricing of smartphones makes it difficult to sell such devices.

Anyways basically they are making products to warranty the patents they file is my best guess of why they are playing in the market.

ZUNE all over again :)
I suspect it is trying to learn from zune and windows CE.

They got to mobile devices first(ish) and assumed they were right and neglected it. Now they are an afterthought in that market.

They ignored the ipod until it was too late, and they were marginalized in that market.

They don't want to lose out again, so they will go there with google hoping to do to google what google did to apple.

I suspect it is trying to learn from zune and windows CE.

They got to mobile devices first(ish) and assumed they were right and neglected it. Now they are an afterthought in that market.

They ignored the ipod until it was too late, and they were marginalized in that market.

They don't want to lose out again, so they will go there with google hoping to do to google what google did to apple.

My problem is I see Microsoft as missing the big picture(lack vision and direction). Therefore they do poorly. They normally wait for someone else to make a market then try to copy. Heck they did not even like metro at first and cancelled the project. So even when they are first they lack to see what they have made.

Lol..this should be good..I wonder what horrible UI they will attempt to shoehorn into that..oh wait...

Can't wait until they commonize the interface on desktops and tablets with the new glasses interface.

Right now it's got to the point of cellphoneitis. No matter where you go or where you look, the biggest city or the smallest town, all you see is people walking around (or sitting or eating or shopping etc etc etc) with their heads buried in a cellphone. Playing a game, calling home to ask what size roll of toilet paper is needed tonight, surfing the net, whatever. It's gotten totally ridiculous and looks pretty stupid. I can easily see this same thing with people walking around with glasses (or wrist bands) on doing the same thing. Society is going to lose the ability to talk face to face. Pretty soon you'll see stuff like two people walking down the street together and when one wants to talk to the other, he'll call him on his/her cellphone. That's no more stupid than what's going on now. And the cellphone makers are sitting back loving the hell out of it. My two cent cellphone rant.

Society is going to lose the ability to talk face to face. Pretty soon you'll see stuff like two people walking down the street together and when one wants to talk to the other, he'll call him on his/her cellphone. That's no more stupid than what's going on now. And the cellphone makers are sitting back loving the hell out of it. My two cent cellphone rant.

What shocked me recently is on a visit to a theme park watching how many groups where they all were using smart phones versus talking with each other.

MS glass will have a stupid watermark in the bottom right saying secure boot isn't configured correctly.

Wrong wrong wrong. Give us pro tablets with thunderbolt options. Innovate you PoS bloated company.

When the headline is the company is working on alternate version of technology that their competitor has that his so far ahead of them in business it exposes the fact behind they are struggling that them in the same sentence raises an eyebrow of the thought they are having the nerve to take them on.

If they let Fischer-Price design this product too like they did Metro, then Zune Goggles will probably look like this

view-master.jpg

This is going to be sexy as hell if the Surface team is involved.

Back