Stupid Criminals of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not an expert or anything, but maybe it's not such a good idea to strap a GoPro to your helmet before committing a combined total of $22,000 in traffic offenses.

At the time of the stop, police said one of the motorcyclists attempted to conceal a video camera, but police seized it. Police say the video contained evidence of several dozen driving infractions committed that day. The 26-year-old driver was issued tickets for 21 infractions, fined $11,268 and given 116 demerit points. The 29-year-old driver was also issued tickets for 21 infractions, fined $10,968 and given 113 demerit points.

so is the gathering
Yes I know about the Patriot Act which doesn't really apply in case so your got it wrong there it called Convoy which dose apply.
Beside it nothing new you look up the wheelie boyz in baltimore or baltimore dirt bike on youtube video.

Don't get me wrong I agree 100% with you on this one.. enjoy the ride what counts. The highway is no place for that crash&burn & dumb a$$ stunts. They need do there stunt on empty parking lot but the problem is cop always get on there case then there the other little problem legal liability on property is on the owner because jerk off next store doesn't like it and so on and so on.

My big problem with those idiots is that had they gotten into an accident, there would be no usable organs left on their splattered remains to save any lives.

I swear to god if I saw those dumb fucks on the road I would purposefully run them over...

Considering that they have a camera on them, you would likely be in jail for vehicular manslaughter.

This is the best usage of a gopro camera...getting idiots off the road.

I guess I'm the only one who actually kind of gets a kick out of seeing guys doing wheelies on the freeway. As long as they're not obstructing traffic, or causing property damage, I really don't understand why people get so upset.

Well for starts look at the part where the guy on the bike tumbles over and the car behind him has to slam on his brakes let alone who knows if it damaged the car.

I guess I'm the only one who actually kind of gets a kick out of seeing guys doing wheelies on the freeway. As long as they're not obstructing traffic, or causing property damage, I really don't understand why people get so upset.

I'm all for hauling ass, but doing wheelies on the highway and crashing in front of cars is just dumb.

Give an idiot a camera and time and they will film themselves doing something stupid.

Apparently the laws in Canada for filming in public are the same as in the US--Police cannot confiscate or otherwise require to turn off any photo or video recording equipment in public, assuming that the person has not committed a crime and is being placed under arrest. I'm curious what the situation was with these two riders--did they commit an arrestable crime? I guess it'll get entered into evidence if someone is arrested, otherwise I don't understand how the video evidence would have been accessed. Couldn't find any further details on this situation.

Besides, this is just another case of personal responsibility.

Life = free will & choice

You choose to do something 'cool' you take the 'props' when it ends up well AND you take the responsibility when you fuck up

Same old shit, nothing will change

We do not have the full video, nor a full transcript showing the order of events, but from what I have read it appears that the officers caught up with the suspects based on earlier reports and that the suspects were not under arrest at the time of the seizure. If this was the case, then any evidence on that camera is inadmissible and the suspects need only answer for (in court) any crimes committed within sight of the officers at the stop, if any.

All this is being said with morality aside, and it is important to note that the pendulum swings both ways when it comes to privacy laws and unreasonable search and seizure. Sometimes the guilty slip through, but other times, without such laws, the innocent might stand falsely accused.

I wonder if the rider's attempt to hide the camera would give them reasonable suspicion to look at what was recorded on it.

He won't pay more than $200 to a lawyer to get it dismissed.

Last time in court I was really pissed (had to pay $150 despite having my registration sticker on the dash I just hadn't gotten it applied to windshield) so went to appeal to prosecutor who wouldn't even reduce it even though its usually a dismissal ticket after fixing due to an issue w/ car being up in NY before and thus past time limitation for having sticker... even though I had it at the time of being pulled over.

Anyway, guy in front of me:
1) Didn't speak English and had a translator (and lawyer)
2) Did not have a drivers license (which I assume means he was illegal)
3) Was busted for multiple infractions:
a) no drivers license
b) no insurance
c) speeding
d) assumption but probably an illegal-alien as he looked the part

His case was DISMISSED. Entirely, he didn't have to pay a dime. All I understood was the lawyer going back and forth with the judge for 10 mins, and then lawyer peaked over and judge was then pissed and apparently he requested a jury trial on a booked date or something, and the case was dismissed.

Gotta love our court system.

I just watched that video and I thought, by all rights, they probably should have crashed and died. :( They are very fortunate that all they received was a bunch of demerits but, then again, stupidity is stupidity.

Not saying I wanted them to crash and die but that is more than likely would have happened. (Sooner rather than later.)

I swear to god if I saw those dumb fucks on the road I would purposefully run them over...

If I see another person texting while driving, I run up to their car, steal their phone and make long distance calls on it!
The likelihood of you ever being hurt by a stunt rider is so small, meanwhile your chance of being hit by a driver on a phone/device is so much higher. I'd be happy to share the road with a stunt rider who pulls the occasional wheelie over the 17 year old with an iPhone any day of the week.

If I see another person texting while driving, I run up to their car, steal their phone and make long distance calls on it!
The likelihood of you ever being hurt by a stunt rider is so small, meanwhile your chance of being hit by a driver on a phone/device is so much higher. I'd be happy to share the road with a stunt rider who pulls the occasional wheelie over the 17 year old with an iPhone any day of the week.

i think both are stupid...

Yeah, I would much rather see someone on a Motorcycle going 120 MPH in a 55 zone. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the rider's attempt to hide the camera would give them reasonable suspicion to look at what was recorded on it.

They very well could argue that, but I doubt that it would hold up. There is nothing illegal about the camera itself, so it's a tough sell.

Back