NVIDIA Offering Price Cuts To Counter AMD?

lowering the pries on lower end models doesn't fix the situation of an overpriced GTX 770. That one needs to drop to $300-$330 tops.

lowering the pries on lower end models doesn't fix the situation of an overpriced GTX 770. That one needs to drop to $300-$330 tops.

Came here to say this. At this point, I'll buy used Nvidia products, but not new, and that may wind up depriving them of sales. Performance matters, but price is king, and if you price me out of your products, then I'll turn to your competitor that hasn't.

Not sure how 760 is targeting the 280x when its as fast as the 770 .
I think someone got numbers mixed up .

If rumors are right on 290, 290x then they would have to lower top models too .

Competition is always good. This is why I prefer both companies to release their products cycle roughly the same time, that way no one will dominate for 6 months while the other is late to the party.

I love these price wars

Hell if they just lowered the prices on the 770 by $50 that would probably help quite a bit.. I'll be looking to buy in Nov/Dec. Paying a $100 premium for PhysX isn't really on my radar.. I might consider it with a $50 premium if I can get a 4GB OC'd card for well under $400.

If not I might win up with my first Radeon. My budget is tight as hell, and I'm looking to loosen it up some.

Based on my previous experiences with AMD i wont be buying anymore of their cards. Games like Rage performed horribly due to Nvidia optimization which admittedly isnt AMD's fault.

But their drivers are pretty poor. My Clevo and my brothers desktop i helped him build had to fight forever with drivers to even get crossfire to work. I cant even enable it in my clevo now and its not a dead card because ive tested both individually.

I'm just trying to hold off another week to pick up a card. :( I'm rocking an intermediate AMD 4350 right now for gaming and its pure suckage, hech even 2D sucks on it. I don't care whether its red or Green I just want to see what price cuts we see in a week or so. :)

Can't wait for the pricing dust to settle so I can finally look at upgrading my 5870+5830 CF setup.

Honestly I never had any issues which is probably why I'm still using them, they've been rock stable with Radeon Pro since launch. The only reason I'm upgrading is the 1Gb Vram and a return either to a multi-screen setup, or 4K screen (eventually).

We shall see...

Happy to see I'm not only who thinks the GTX770 is overpriced. Just got me another 79500 and crossfired them. Just need to figure the airflow in my Corsair 550D because my graphics cards become noisy.

I guess my plan to pick up another Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce OC and sli them is still the way to go. I know I could get a different 670 and sli them, but I want them to match. I jsut have to see what used prices do. People are still asking stupid prices for a 670 and hopefully some pricing competition will begin.

That main reason why I end getting AMD Radon HD 7000 series because of overpriced nVidia GTX 700 series and paying a $??? premium for PhysX it not cut in overall performance.

I guess my plan to pick up another Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce OC and sli them is still the way to go. I know I could get a different 670 and sli them, but I want them to match. I jsut have to see what used prices do. People are still asking stupid prices for a 670 and hopefully some pricing competition will begin.

Yeah, that's the problem...we've been stuck at 1080P+ for so long but if you want to run a game with all the eye candy turned on plus AA you still have to fork out major dollars... :(

I took a hard look at the numbers yesterday to see just how much depreciation I took after buying my shiny new 770 4GB. While I'm obviously not happy about the AMD card being almost $100 less... there were some glaring issues ignored:

1) The 770 4GB has more RAM. (duh)
2) The upper end like the Windforce are factory overclocked which makes a big difference.
3) The apples to apples comparisons show pretty clearly that the 770 cards have much better "average framerates" with less highs and lows. That is frankly a good thing in any online gaming.

So yeah, these are excuses to justify my purchase a couple months ago, but they're still valid points.

If Nvidia dropped the 770 cards by $50-75... I'd still choose it over the R series. (Depending on how Mantle ACTUALLY works in practice which no one knows yet.)

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if Nvidia threw in a basic edition of BF4 for existing customers of 770s and 780s. :) (dream on right?)

Based on my previous experiences with AMD i wont be buying anymore of their cards. Games like Rage performed horribly due to Nvidia optimization which admittedly isnt AMD's fault.

Not really. RAGE launch on PC was terrible thanks to AMD releasing wrong driver, nothing to do with nvidia. It was a major fuck up by AMD for whatever reason. They also leaked that "Doom 3 Alpha" back in the day.

Anyways, based on what I've seen from you, I think you're doing the wrong drugs. I mean, fuck that pharma crap and move on to something else. Change is good. Do it.

The 660 has already dropped to around $180 and Evga is still running some huge rebates.
The 760 though is locked in at the same $250 it was when it debuted.
I'd suspect the 650 and various flavors to all slip down as well which would be good.

Price cuts? I notice the 660's are going UP in price at egg and the 760's are staying right at MSRP since they were introduced.

Still would like to see a 750ti shortie if possible.

I took a hard look at the numbers yesterday to see just how much depreciation I took after buying my shiny new 770 4GB. While I'm obviously not happy about the AMD card being almost $100 less... there were some glaring issues ignored:

1) The 770 4GB has more RAM. (duh)
2) The upper end like the Windforce are factory overclocked which makes a big difference.
3) The apples to apples comparisons show pretty clearly that the 770 cards have much better "average framerates" with less highs and lows. That is frankly a good thing in any online gaming.

So yeah, these are excuses to justify my purchase a couple months ago, but they're still valid points.

If Nvidia dropped the 770 cards by $50-75... I'd still choose it over the R series. (Depending on how Mantle ACTUALLY works in practice which no one knows yet.)

I would say if you were fine with your purchase at the time I wouldn't be worked with things like buyers remorse. I purchase a 7850 and two weeks later the 7870 was a few dollars cheaper, all said I am still happy.

It's a good thing the government doesn't run the video card market. This is how a free market operates. Better product, lower prices.

Maybe if they lowered tehir higher end stuff and not the already cheaper mid end/low end, that's what most gamers want.

Back