Sprint Launches 'One Up' Early Upgrade Plan

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sprint announced its new Early Upgrade Plan on Friday, doing a little catching up with its competition in the early smartphone trade-in options.

The move puts Sprint in line with its top carrier competitors, which have recently rolled out their own early-upgrade plans.

How about they do something useful and tell use when the Galaxy Note 3 is going to be available.

Still worse than T-Mobile. Laughable 3G EVDO speeds still persist; LTE rollout progress is molasses compared to the magenta team. Still can't BYOD, and the $15 plan discount ends if you opt to pay off your device completely instead of trading it in, according to the terms and conditions.

Considering the other carriers give you no discount on your bill or charge you a finance fee (vzw), that $15 discount is pretty sweet on top of not needing to pay anything down on a phone except tax.

Service from Sprint in my area has gotten downright terrible.
Even though their 4g rollout in my area has been a 4 year joke, we at least had decent 3g up until about a year ago. Now it takes a full minute to load a web page, you can't play any games that require an online connection and you get 2-3 days a week with NO DATA at all and I live less than a mile from one of their data towers!
They refuse to give credit for their services being down because "Your towers in your area are down for a 4g upgrade" every flipping time, but we don't get 4g.
Service just continues to get worse.
My phone just got a forced update via the Sprint network and my gps no longer works and it added a 2nd set of home, back and menu buttons to the screen.
No really, as soon as the contract is up they can kiss my ass and go to Hell, I'm never dealing with those lying bastards again.

Even though their 4g rollout in my area has been a 4 year joke, we at least had decent 3g up until about a year ago. Now it takes a full minute to load a web page, you can't play any games that require an online connection and you get 2-3 days a week with NO DATA at all and I live less than a mile from one of their data towers!
They refuse to give credit for their services being down because "Your towers in your area are down for a 4g upgrade" every flipping time, but we don't get 4g.
My phone just got a forced update via the Sprint network and my gps no longer works and it added a 2nd set of home, back and menu buttons to the screen.
No really, as soon as the contract is up they can kiss my ass and go to Hell, I'm never dealing with those lying bastards again.

Same here. My work use to issue nextel phones. then that became sprint. Nextel worked half ass to behing with. Then once I was able to switch to PCS it was great for awhile. Then that started to change, we had a storm a few years back and a few towers got flattened, they never fixed them. People starting having issues and calling in about service not working, they just offered to sell them a device for inside of their house that used your internet connection and gave you basically a small cell tower in your house. Which doesn't help when you are on the road. Then a few months ago things got much worse. Not only is service hit or miss, but now 95% of the time you can't call anyone in my area with your cell phone. I work for the local telephone company, we call sprint about it and they just ignore us. Customers finally starting going into the sprint store and would show them there that they can't call their home number from the phone and at that point they would be let out of their contract and allowed to switch due to the service being unusable in our area. This has been going on for months, they are losing lots of customers and they don't care enough to actually fix anything.

I got rid of sprint, do it you'll be happy. Terrible coverage. Bitch about it to them, you're all getting ripped.

I'd guess it's because they put all their cards in WiMax and then decided to switch to LTE while discontinuing any new wimax phones - everyone is using the 3g. They're way behind on the rollout.

Sprints coverage could be better but I have never gone anywhere where I didn't get coverage. The major complaint is speeds not coverage IMO. But I am willing to give that up for the discount in price. If you want the best you buy Verizon and pay dearly for it, not only in costs but policies as well. Sprints bad reputation makes them fight more for customers. I got 2 airwaves free for the device and the monthly service fee. And no company at all had service that was reliable at one location so the airave summed that up.

I didn't care about 4g so long as 3g was decent, I had a working gps and still got my unlimited data.
This last year has simply been unbearable, all I ever get would be excuses and lies when I call Sprint from their phone reps. I go to their stores and get told "yup its the network, not just you."

Considering the other carriers give you no discount on your bill or charge you a finance fee (vzw), that $15 discount is pretty sweet on top of not needing to pay anything down on a phone except tax.

Go look at t-mobiles plans when you bring your own device... Better coverage than Sprint, better prices, faster data everywhere i have seen.

Sprint is a joke, all this money on getting the iphone and staying competitive with silly promotions like this when they have a piss poor network with garbage coverage just about everywhere in this country.

Like always sprint is just too focused on all the wrong things. I will be surprised if Sprint even exists in 10 years.

Sprints coverage could be better but I have never gone anywhere where I didn't get coverage. The major complaint is speeds not coverage IMO. But I am willing to give that up for the discount in price. If you want the best you buy Verizon and pay dearly for it, not only in costs but policies as well. Sprints bad reputation makes them fight more for customers. I got 2 airwaves free for the device and the monthly service fee. And no company at all had service that was reliable at one location so the airave summed that up.

You have never been anywhere you didnt get coverage but have to have not one but 2 airaves? How exactly does that make any sense at all? If you have coverage you dont need the damn airave.

I have yet to meet anyone who's ever been happy with Sprint's coverage.

I am happy with thier coverage. Only a couple dead spots I encounter, for some reason the target by my house seems like its a cell service black hole, no one has coverage there lol.

Other than that, i'm happy with sprint and their customer service is pretty good also.

Voice and text were essentially down completely in my area (55123) last week, and I haven't had a data connection since I got back in town Saturday (55123 and 55402).

http://downdetector.com/status/sprint

I'll be paying the ETF and getting on Straight Talk or something as soon as I can convince my wife's pregnancy emotions that it's a good idea.

If you don't have service you just go in and complain and they have to waive the ETF.

If you don't have service you just go in and complain and they have to waive the ETF.

Yeah, ok. :rolleyes: Did that song and dance with Sprint... They refused to budge and blamed us because "we made the choice to move to a dead spot". Ended up waiting out the last 6 months of our contract with a piece of shit airave and ditched Sprint like a bad girlfriend.

Verizon PRL and roam all the time then. Also make them give you a Airave.

Verizon PRL and roam all the time then. Also make them give you a Airave.

I did, notice i mentioned the piece of shit airave. The damn thing couldnt stay connected for more than a couple hours at a time and when it went down we would just get no calls or texts and wouldnt even know until it came back up and all our texts came at once. I cant speak for any current airaves but the one we had was a royal piece of shit and the sprint forums at the time had tons of complaints about the same crap with the airave.

I had a pre at the time and i added a homebrew app that made it roam 24/7 and they still didnt care.

Ya you must have had the first one, although I had a first one that worked fine for 3+ years but they recently decided to kill service on those.

Also if you had a pre, you are dating yourself to the really bad CS days of sprint basically the low of the Nextel merger. But if you roam on Verizon and your problems aren't fixed you might be in a just plain dead zone. A lot of people did that to get Verizon service cheaper.

I got rid of sprint, do it you'll be happy. Terrible coverage. Bitch about it to them, you're all getting ripped.

I am. Been with them since 1998 except for a brief stint with Alltel when I got married and added to my wifes plan in order to avoid their absurd ETFs. After the Alltel contract expired, we promptly switched back to Sprint. In my area, I am able to get signal inside building for various work sites that coworkers with Verizon, AT&T, or just about any other provider can't.

I have yet to meet anyone who's ever been happy with Sprint's coverage.

I am. Been with them since 1998 except for a brief stint with Alltel when I got married and added to my wifes plan in order to avoid their absurd ETFs. After the Alltel contract expired, we promptly switched back to Sprint. In my area, I am able to get signal inside building for various work sites that coworkers with Verizon, AT&T, or just about any other provider can't.

Just realized I replied to the wrong post. Oopsie.

Back