Court Orders Retrial In Google Maps-Related Murder Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Remember the guy that was convicted of killing his wife based on Google Maps evidence on his computer? Well, it looks like he's getting a retrial.

According to the court document: "Masucci's conclusion was the same as Ward's: that the Google Map files had 'been placed on the hard drive [and] could not have been the result of normal internet activity.'" However, the prosecution again objected, this time contending that the last-minute switch from Ward to Masucci violated rules of evidence.

Holy circumstantial evidence Batman! So much for innocent until PROVEN guilty... hell at least on CSI they need to get the guy to confess or find a weapon to link them.

This entire trial has been a farce from the get go.

The entire state is corrupt.

The SBI was implicated in mishandling and faking evidence on hundreds of cases.

Durham County has had two successive DAs removed from office for ethical violations.

The Wake County DA's office is equally corrupt. Just Google Greg Taylor for an example.

The Cary Police's handling of the investigation was malicious. They deliberately erased evidence from her phone and then tried to play it off as simple incompetence.

Before, I thought they need at least one solid evidence, but I don't think they do. You can use just cirsumstantial, but I think more than one or something. Solid evidence just makes it easier.

It's still not good if it was proven that the files were placed on the laptop by a co-worker, who murdered your wife.

Back