Disney Tries to Revive Its Digital Gaming with 'Disney Infinity'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Disney is mounting a do-or-die attempt at reviving its digital gaming division with the upcoming release of Disney Infinity, a $100 Million project from Disney Interactive.

The games will work similarly to a choose-your-own-adventure scenario. They are designed for players to be able to create their own Disney-esque landscapes and bring in various characters via purchase.

I read something about this before. It's a $75 game that comes with three characters, and you have to pay $13 for each additional character that you want. Sounds like a great way for kids to beg mommy and daddy to let Disney bleed them dry.

I read something about this before. It's a $75 game that comes with three characters, and you have to pay $13 for each additional character that you want. Sounds like a great way for kids to beg mommy and daddy to let Disney bleed them dry.

Hey if there is anything they're good at... I mean what's it cost to go to a park? $200 and 3 pints of blood? And they're still breaking records for number of visitors, where as in this city the city's park botanical gardens went from free to like $8 and number of visitors dropped off like a rock.

Will they have 10 minutes of unskippable advertisements, like they do with their DVDs?

Will they have 10 minutes of unskippable advertisements, like they do with their DVDs?

No fing shit, every time I plug in a disney movie I go away for at least ten minutes before I hit play. Then theres even more crap after that.

Oh SHIT SON remake #14 on snow white, now in 33! Colors!

Wow... a lot of Disney hate it seems. It's the exact same premise as Skylanders.. which has seemed to sell really well. Heck, Activision is gearing up for the their Swap Force release and my kids are already drooling....

I have a large number of Skylanders for the kid, and I still find Disney Infinity to be bullshit. DI only lets characters from a specific play set on that play set, out of the box you can't even do co-op. So there is another $30 for more figures just to play though three play sets with my kid. Then the other play sets are $40 to access the other worlds and only come with two characters.

Skylanders you play all the levels right out of the box, and you can play any character at any time in any combination. Figures are cheaper and just let you access through locked doors in each level. Every Skylanders has a branching skill tree as well which can change the gameplay a lot. Haven't read if anything like that in DI since it's mostly a platform jumping game.

DI could make up for this if it was cheaper, but unfortunately it's more expensive than the competing product. I'll be picking up Swap Force and some new figures to go with it and avoiding this.

I will buy if there is...

ratatouille2_2.jpg

Back