Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg Sells $91M In Company Stock

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know why everyone is freaking out ever Sheryl Sandberg raking in $91 million off the sale of some of her shares in Facebook. Hell, I'd sell ALL my shares and then retire immediately afterwards. :D

Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg had approximately 91 million reasons to say, “Thank God it’s Friday,” last week, as her filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission last Friday showed that she netted some $91 million from selling off some of her shares in the social network.

Good for her... now enjoy getting rid of <50% of it to be disappeared into the bowels of government.

This is one of those "how rich is rich enough" moments, where much like Steve said sell all of it and retire. She sold like 15% and got 91 million for it, assuming she got the same price if she dumped it all she could have gotten over 600 million.

with 91 million in her pocket -- she has enough money for 10 lifetimes... the fact she could go and cash out for another 500 million, holy balls.

If I was in her shoes I wouldn't give a crap about the price or the performance of the stock, I'd sell 20% of it every year regardless of price. (intervals chosen at random as to mitigate any chase of the market anticipating your dump)

I can't see facebook being important for another 5 or 10 years... get out now is what I'd be doing. You never have to work again already, what do you care?

That's 91 million a bunch of stupid investors don't have anymore. Couldn't care less about fleecing people who "invest" in this garbage.

I would love to see the trading community at large just STOP buying a specific stock completely. Literally shut down the stock and watch it dwindle for two days. It would suck for the people that work for the company, but would be an interesting experiment.

with 91 million in her pocket -- she has enough money for 10 lifetimes... the fact she could go and cash out for another 500 million, holy balls.

I think this is why people dislike her giving advice on how to be a professional, working woman, raise kids, etc.. Her life isn't in any remote way comparable to normal or even "rich" (household income of $250k) people. I don't begrudge her success, but her status makes her advice sound like some kind of oblivious "let them eat cake" statement.

Having a billionaire entrepreneur nepotist brother is a real fuckin bonus in the career front too.

Good for her... now enjoy getting rid of <50% of it to be disappeared into the bowels of government.
I heard a statistic that one in five people are now on food stamps... money has to come from somewhere, but I have no sympathy for the 1%ers either, as they are GROSSLY overpaid for their services and shouldn't be making 300x the average employee of the company either.

Unfortunatley though, for all my whining, I don't know what the fix is even though it clearly encourages laziness and doesn't fight the corruption that causes the massive concentration of wealth at the top either.

Back