Tumblr Founder To Get $81M To Remain At Yahoo

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy cow, $81 million on top of all your stock just to stay at Yahoo? I think I could work anywhere for that kind of money. Couldn't you?

Karp is believed to own a 20 to 25 percent stake in Tumblr, which means he probably has already received a windfall, which hasn't been disclosed, from the sale to Yahoo. But he must stay at Tumblr until June 2017 under the provision disclosed Thursday to get the $81 million retention payment.

I wonder why they think he's worth that much? Either that or this is more of that conspiracy crap where the guys at the top funnel money to other guys at the top.

That's $44,000 a day.... to stay at a job he at least partially enjoys.

I don't care if I had to stay at yahoo -- cleaning their toilets with a toothbrush after burrito wednesday, I'd do it with a smile on my face for that kind of cash.

Not even factoring in the pile of cash that was thrown at him earlier.

That's $44,000 a day.... to stay at a job he at least partially enjoys.

I don't care if I had to stay at yahoo -- cleaning their toilets with a toothbrush after burrito wednesday, I'd do it with a smile on my face for that kind of cash.

Not even factoring in the pile of cash that was thrown at him earlier.

Damn, I was trying to find clip art of Stewie Griffin assulting his mental image with a rolling pin as a reply but failed to locate the needed photo.

Why they offer so much?? Is Google trying to buy him out? Google may offer him more if so :D

Waste of money, this is why executive salaries should be set by the shareholders.

Back