Valve: Half-Life 3 Release Date Article Is 'Bogus'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Reports of the release date for Half-Life 3 which have been attributed to a Valve developer are flat out ‘bogus’ according to a Valve spokesperson. The spokesperson wanted to make this point perfectly clear to quell any persistent rumors that are still floating around on sites to avoid any negative reaction from the Steam community.

"I just want to say this so there is no confusion - This is the community trolling the community, nothing more. While it is nice to see people excited about anything HL, I hate seeing people be trolled like this."

Surprised people even care at this point.

As much as I so badly want to see HL3, sadly, I'm beginning to lose hope. I recently replayed HL1 with graphic enhancements just to relive the glory.

Gah! :mad:

Other developers have started to execute as well or better than Valve in many respects, at least as far as first-person shooters are concerned. It would be nice to see another entry in the series, and a conclusion to the story, but I don't believe Valve is really in a position to deliver competively-executed shooters any longer.

HL3 could be great, but it needs to be exemplary.

So he never said they were not making half life 3 only that the rumor was a troll rumor, so hes saying there is a Chance!

The root word for bogus is the "devil" and everyone knows the sign of the devil is 666. Which means Half Life 3 will be out in June 6th, 2016.

Just realized how long it was as well since the release of HL2 lol, well, steam is making alot of money at the moment, so im guessing resources are much placed on those, might be a reason not to prioritize HL3 as well.

Why is Half-Life 3 a big deal.

I mean, was it simply because the last game was good, or did the game end in a cliffhanger?

Why is Half-Life 3 a big deal.

I mean, was it simply because the last game was good, or did the game end in a cliffhanger?

I don't know either. i know that when HL1 came out, nothing matched it but imho when HL2 came out, Doom 3 was a far better game. It may not have been as open world but in terms of gameplay and graphics Doom 3 was far better.

Valve is just brilliant.Don't release hl3 for 10,15 years,build up a hype,stories,dreams , than release it and make one bllion in sales.Than no hl 4 for another 15 years.Basicaly valve could wait 100 years untill they go bankrupt,than just before the very end release hl3 and turn a profit. Brillian.

I don't know either. i know that when HL1 came out, nothing matched it but imho when HL2 came out, Doom 3 was a far better game. It may not have been as open world but in terms of gameplay and graphics Doom 3 was far better.

Um, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way about these games as you do. :p I enjoyed both, but as far as how good a gameplay is, it's subjective and depends on each individual.

Doom 3 had more fancy graphic effect due to its closed environment.

As far as graphics is concerned hl2 never looked good to me..textures look outdated and that hdr was just awfull ..doom 3 for that time looked like nothing else,those outside parts were just mind-blowing,remined me so much of alien 2:))

As far as graphics is concerned hl2 never looked good to me..textures look outdated and that hdr was just awfull ..doom 3 for that time looked like nothing else,those outside parts were just mind-blowing,remined me so much of alien 2:))

"Alien 2"?

It's "Aliens".

Now go back to your room you're grounded.

They hate seeing people trolled? What hypocrites. Valve is the biggest troll of all,they get gamers hooked with the whole episodic crap,give them a cliffhanger ending with the second installment - then nothing,years of waiting without a word. Hell,I wouldn't be surprised if they engineered these "bogus" leaks themselves just to generate publicity. They make so much money with Steam they don't need to make games. And the longer the wait goes on,the more unlikely it becomes that they could possibly come up with a game that could live up to the hype. Episode 3 has become the the new DNF,except that DNF was actually being worked on all those years,granted in a completely screwed up way,but they were trying. Valve doesn't care enough about the gamers that made them successful to even do that.

They are trolling, it is coming out this year with the steam box, November or December release.;)

Meh, didn't even believe the article when I first read it, did anybody think that Valve is going to release a new Half Life game anytime soon? They haven't even released any new HL games since 2008 and that was a while back. I wish they would cut the bullshit already.

wow. one last glimmer of hope even though it seemed fake.. and valve just shuts it down like a bad nuclear reactor

You want to know what trolling the community is? Releasing the second in a planned and announced trilogy of episodic expansions to a game, giving it a major cliffhanger ending, and then not saying anything about it and not releasing anything to follow it up for six years.

That's trolling the community folks.

The article doesn't ever mention a release date. It says a trailer at E3 2014. As anyone who's old enough to know valve, the game could still be 3 years away from the trailer. Anyone jumping to conclusions from that article is trolling themselves with speculation.

Other developers have started to execute as well or better than Valve in many respects, at least as far as first-person shooters are concerned. It would be nice to see another entry in the series, and a conclusion to the story, but I don't believe Valve is really in a position to deliver competitively-executed shooters any longer.

HL3 could be great, but it needs to be exemplary.

I really don't think people are calling for a new cutting edge SourceX engine or features like bullet time, or DX11xxx. Fans of the series want the continuation of the story and the latest generation of the Source engine would be fine. I'm sure that the STORY is written the code just needs to be. If Valve really does not have time to do this they should outsource HL3 to another developer and make sure they hold up the quality and the continuity with the series.

What is stopping a bunch of independents from creating their OWN HL3. All valves source development tools are available.

Valve has reached the point of no return. If the game is ever going to come out it needs to be VERY soon. The longer they wait the better the game needs to be. They have already taken so long that expectations are extremely high.
Although now that I think of it TF2 did take nearly 10 years and it is a huge success..

HL2 is not an all time favorite for no reason.
The source engine was cutting edge in many way and that with good story telling made a really kick ass game. The gritty reality world where human society crashed in an alien invasion was chilling.
There has been very few games I replayed all they way thought several times.
The guys at Valve are smart guys and there has to be lots of discussion going around about further development in the HL2 world. It would be nice to have some official word "YES" there will be a HL3 or "NO" we are done with it.

I don't care of HL3 is a 2 hour engine showcase as long as it resolves the current story arc in a meaningful way. It sucks they are keeping fans of the series hanging for so long without story resolution.

I really don't think people are calling for a new cutting edge SourceX engine or features like bullet time, or DX11xxx. Fans of the series want the continuation of the story and the latest generation of the Source engine would be fine.
The technology aspect is only part of what I was referring to.

Its smart of them to shut this rumor down as it pops up, totally kills the credability of the website and may reduce the amount of crap we have out there. Plus it reduces bad publicity, if they didnt kill it and left people wondering till next year and nothing happens then bam, more whining.

I wonder how important Half Life is to Valve anymore...like others have stated the gaming platform is far more viable now...Half Life and HL2 were released during the early stages of Steam so they needed the games for buzz but now not so much...the endless HL3 rumors might be better for Valve then when they actually release the game and end all speculation and hype

Half-Life sounds like a sideline for Valve. Maybe they have a problem of too many chiefs and not enough Indians or vice versa with that odd company structure. I guess if they're profitable enough then they have little too worry about.

I wonder how important Half Life is to Valve anymore...like others have stated the gaming platform is far more viable now...Half Life and HL2 were released during the early stages of Steam so they needed the games for buzz but now not so much...the endless HL3 rumors might be better for Valve then when they actually release the game and end all speculation and hype

Steam did not exist when Half-Life 1 was released.

Back