Unfortunate Tech Headline of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Time Warner Cable Eyes Cox.

Anonymous sources tell Reuters that Time Warner Cable has reached out to both Cox and Cablevision concerning potential mergers, though that same source insists that neither companies are willing to sell just yet. The source states that Time Warner Cable would rather expand through additional acquisitions than be acquired by Charter.

Another sad headline that came to my email via Microsoft Newsletter: Microsoft is killing off TechNet Downloads in August. Ugh.

But yeah that's a funny headline.

One time, when I was working on the helpdesk. A lady called and said she was "having trouble with Cox @ Home".

:eek:

This is not an unfortunate headline, it's a hilarious one! The weight of the message and what it implies, however, is not.

I wonder if I will see national level advanced infrastructure, unbiased politics or education reform in my lifetime... The mentality of the companies and government restrcitions make me think that I will not; unless... SCIENCE!

Fuck, if TW merges with Cox and ends up being a majority stakeholder so it ends up being Time Warner - Cox. We all know how it will go. Downhill and quickly. TW will fuck it all up. If there is any serious higher up in Cox that is reading this. Please for the love of God stay away from TW.

Another sad headline that came to my email via Microsoft Newsletter: Microsoft is killing off TechNet Downloads in August. Ugh.

But yeah that's a funny headline.

Yeah, the killing of Technet was inevitable I think, but irritating and disappointing nonetheless.

As for TWC and Cox, they both suck. Not so much as AT&T or Comcast suck, but that's like saying one venereal disease is better than another.

I remember when Cox came into town. The local DJs had joke commercials saying "you'll see our Cox popping up all over town!"

It's nice. It really is. That we can sit here and reflect about how shitty our cable companies are and how we should worship them for bringing about "broadband" Internet access to the masses and just ignore the duopoly that exists with "secret" handshakes so that there will always be one of two options in most places: One Cable Co. and one Teleco. Whammy we have competition and excellent services, right? Even in the bigger areas around the nation the telco's and cable co's don't really compete with each other.

It's a joke. Since when did Charter become the powerhouse to buy TW Cable anyways (lol!). Someone is definitely trolling the media on this slow day.

Bah, I hope TWC stays the hell away from Cablevision. All the lines near me are buried, so FIOS isn't an option.

I hate Cox at this point. Unfortunately (or fortunately...depending on your point of view), my wife gets a pretty massive discount on Cox through her employer---to the tune of like 60% off your tv/internet/phone services (does not include equipment rentals or premium channels). Since the discount is so high, I can't possibly justify leaving it to go to Verizon FiOS. When you consider that discount, the fact that my wife and I have actually ever even considered leaving should tell you a lot...

Time Warner isn't too bad in my area, 20 Mbps down and 1 up for $34.95/mo . They have plans that go up to 50 Mbps down and 5 up. Haven't had much downtime or latency issues either. They tried changing us to metered billing a couple years ago but the backlash was so severe that there were even protesters at their HQ. They backed down, its good to know that when push comes to shove they will actually listen to the people paying them. Can't say a lot of companies would of done that (Netflix with doubling their prices and sticking to it).

Back