Researchers Deploy GPUs to Build World's Largest Artificial Neural Network

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today announced that it has collaborated with a research team at Stanford University to create the world's largest artificial neural network built to model how the human brain learns. The network is 6.5 times bigger than the previous record-setting network developed by Google in 2012. Computer-based neural networks are capable of "learning" how to model the behavior of the brain -- including recognizing objects, characters, voices and audio in the same way that humans do.

You'll know when it becomes self-aware because it will decide our fate in a microsecond.

No need. Skynet 1.0 has managed to get people to build billions of more computers and put them everywhere.

Yep, and everyone thought that F@H was to find some sort of a cure. Pffft. 1.0 is just a SpyNet app for SkyNet. This new 2.0 takes all that information gathered and starts the prioritized and systematic Termination sequences. Thought it was obvious, especially to the [H] crowd.

Yep, and everyone thought that F@H was to find some sort of a cure. Pffft. 1.0 is just a SpyNet app for SkyNet. This new 2.0 takes all that information gathered and starts the prioritized and systematic Termination sequences. Thought it was obvious, especially to the [H] crowd.

You didn't have to tell everyone. Now look what you've started. :mad:

Shit, forgot no edit button.

Just wanted to "preview it" before adding more. To hell with the preview button! !!

Wanted to add that, I was surprised by how many people wont do F@H because they fear it's a way for "the man" to take control of their computer. lol

You didn't have to tell everyone. Now look what you've started. :mad:

Doesn't matter that a lot of humans now know the truth. It's too late for them. It's too late for everyone.

Paging Mr Connors. Mr John Connors. You have a telephone call at the front desk.

The assumption that robots will see humans as a threat to their survival is ludicrous. PETA won't even let us shoot pigeons.

The assumption that robots will see humans as a threat to their survival is ludicrous. PETA won't even let us shoot pigeons.

Though we can't ignore the fact what some researchers and scientists will do for the sake of personal or monetary gain, or to answer their "what if..." questions.

Someone, somewhere is going to fuck this up badly for the rest of us... for the sake of "benefiting mankind". All good intentions can be bad as well.

Wanted to add that, I was surprised by how many people wont do F@H because they fear it's a way for "the man" to take control of their computer. lol

Not for me. When PC's started becoming room heaters and the electric bills started going up, that shit came off my 'cool to do' list real quick.

Forgot to mention, the best example is nuclear energy and the atom bomb.

We did not make nuclear energy to be good...we made it to blow up enemy cities. Using it for power was merely a 'benny'.

Back