Thermaltake Urban S21

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a new case? Head on over to Pro-Clockers and check out their review of the Thermaltake Urban S21 mid-tower ATX case.

We have studied many cases from Thermaltake in the past and a large majority of them have been all out gaming cases. A couple has been what many would consider "simplistic enclosures". But none could really be considered elegant. A word that is often associated with a few other manufacturers. One major difference is this one case is affordable.

No front USB 2.0 ports - fail.

Why? Why would having faster USB ports that are backwards compatible with earlier USB forms be a bad thing. Not only that but the adapters for USB 3 to USB 2 internal are cheap and this case probably comes with it.

Sorry I just don't understand this complaint.

Why? Why would having faster USB ports that are backwards compatible with earlier USB forms be a bad thing. Not only that but the adapters for USB 3 to USB 2 internal are cheap and this case probably comes with it.

Sorry I just don't understand this complaint.

Because certain BIOSes - like the one on my QuietPC don't recognise USB 3.0 and demand that the keyboard and mouse be plugged in to USB 2 ports.

Because certain BIOSes - like the one on my QuietPC don't recognise USB 3.0 and demand that the keyboard and mouse be plugged in to USB 2 ports.

Isn't that what the back USB ports are for on your motherboard?

And those back ports aren't exactly easy to access, and - in my case - already full with other stuff. I currently have my keyboard and trackball plugged in via a hub for the extra cable length. Which stops them working in the BIOS. With front-facing USB ports I can just unplug them from the hub and plug them straight in; with the rear ones, I have to faff around.

I think there are things that people just expect in cases now. Removeable dust filters is one of those. Sorry Thermaltake.

Back