Softbank Reportedly Eyeing T-Mobile as ‘Plan B’

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Japanese Telecommunications Company SoftBank is looking to break into the US wireless market one way or another. At present ‘Plan A’ requires the purchase of Sprint Nextel, but Dish Network has made a bid and could sour the deal. ‘Plan B’ for SoftBank is entering into talks with Deutsch Telecom to purchase T-Mobile. It’s apparent that SoftBank is not going away quietly without a foothold in the US wireless market.

Dish has jumped not only the Sprint-SoftBank deal, but also a related acquisition of Clearwire Corp (CLWR.O) by Sprint. Clearwire has wireless airwaves that both companies want. Sprint already owns a majority stake in Clearwire.

I hope they buy tm. and maybe break up the at@t and verizon shared monopoly. And maybe improve tm's sorry 4g coverage. I'm sick of seeing the tm commercials bragging about having the largest 4g network in the US. Well, you can have the biggest fishing net in the world, but it is useless if it has gaping holes. That's how I feel about tm. Where I live and work, I am on edge 99% of the time.

I hope they buy tm. and maybe break up the at@t and verizon shared monopoly. And maybe improve tm's sorry 4g coverage. I'm sick of seeing the tm commercials bragging about having the largest 4g network in the US. Well, you can have the biggest fishing net in the world, but it is useless if it has gaping holes. That's how I feel about tm. Where I live and work, I am on edge 99% of the time.

Ya well Sprint irks me too! No 4G in Milwaukee although we pay an extra $10 per month for it. Every Sprint customer pays the $10 fee i believe, whether they have 4G or not. :mad:

Buy both. combine / keep the best blocks / sell off the rest and stick it to att & verizon. Make a wifi calling app that will work on ios / android (with sms/mms) on a nation-wide carrier that would be sick.

Buy both. combine / keep the best blocks / sell off the rest and stick it to att & verizon. Make a wifi calling app that will work on ios / android (with sms/mms) on a nation-wide carrier that would be sick.

It's called bobsled. It's free for anyone to use. I used it when I was in Europe, pretty good app.

Ya well Sprint irks me too! No 4G in Milwaukee although we pay an extra $10 per month for it. Every Sprint customer pays the $10 fee i believe, whether they have 4G or not. :mad:

Switch to Virgin if you can do without roaming. With or without 4G the price is the same. Galaxy S3 coming in July.

I want the sprint deal to go through, and if the investors at sprint have any fucking brains what so ever they will see the debt from dish buying them would kill their returns in the long run compared with softbank. I hate T mobile Verizon and At&t... sprint isnt much better with their fees, but most problems with all fees lie squarely at the doorstep of the FCC. They are mandated to provide fairness and then do nothing while Att and verizon shit on most other carriers and especially the consumer.

Back