Microsoft Investing $1 Billion in Games for Xbox One

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There may be a method to the madness of the Microsoft decision to have the Xbox One not be backwards compatible with the 360. Microsoft has announced that the company will be investing $1 Billion dollars for games development for the new Xbox One, resulting in 15 exclusive titles in the first year.

Microsoft will fill in the blanks on the specifics during their gaming-oriented press conference at E3. It is expected that Microsoft will take the wraps off some more of those eight new IP that are in development for the platform.

15 games for $1 bil? Sounds fishy. I'd think you could get 10 top quality games, maybe.

$66 million on average to develop and market a game isn't peanuts.

$100 million game == hard core nerdage with high production value cinematics fail (i.e. watch this for 10 minutes, play that for 5 minutes).

$100 million game == hard core nerdage with high production value cinematics fail (i.e. watch this for 10 minutes, play that for 5 minutes).

Umm $6-10 million for the game, $50m on advertising, marketing, licensing, promotions and voice actors.

It's likely 1/3 Kinect based games which have a lower cost of development I am sure along with higher production titles getting more than 66 million.

15 exclusives in the first year is a good step though, they seem to have learned their lesson with the 360.

I'm withholding my judgement on the XB1 until they reveal the most important feature at E3: Games

It's likely 1/3 Kinect based games which have a lower cost of development I am sure along with higher production titles getting more than 66 million.

15 exclusives in the first year is a good step though, they seem to have learned their lesson with the 360.

This has me excited.

Why is it always a big round number out of Microsoft marketing, and the more desperate they are to try to spin or backpeddle the bigger the number.

With exclusive titles, everyone loses.

I'd prefer if they said no exclusive titles and just made good games and also made everything available for the windows PC work on the console and visa versa, and let console players play against PC players with the same games on multiplayer.

With exclusive titles, everyone loses.

I'd prefer if they said no exclusive titles and just made good games and also made everything available for the windows PC work on the console and visa versa, and let console players play against PC players with the same games on multiplayer.

That will never happen.

That will never happen.
I still like to put on my rape face and fantasize about it though... what, supposedly console controllers are superior to an old school mouse and keyboard, I've been told this by multiple reputable 13 year olds.

MS hating up in here...

I think I will buy this generation just because it will make the haters cry.

Back