Chrome Violates Google's Own Blink Principles

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hello? We are Google, do as we say...not as we do.

Programmer Robert O'Callahan says Google's Native Client technology contradicts laudable Web standards principles the Net giant laid out for Blink, its new browser engine project.

I've traded in Chrome for Firefox. It's just not any good anymore. Unstable as hell on my rig.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/google_chrome_loses_market_share_internet_explorer123

Ironically, Firefox is going the way of Chrome. A bunch of moronic, egocentric "user experience" designers who are more concerned with their precious brand identity and "user experience" then producing a usable browser.

Firefox 25 is going to be a fuckup of epic proportions.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860814#c3

== The Navigation Toolbar ==

1. The back, forward, URL bar, reload and stop buttons will be placed at the beginning of the nav-bar. These will no longer be move-able.
2. At the end of the nav-bar will be the WebRTC button (hidden), the nav-bar customization target, the Social API toolbar item (hidden), and the menu button
3. All items that were originally in the nav-bar but were not included in the above list will be put into the customization target.
4. By default, the bookmarks button, downloads button and search input should be in the customization target, unless the user had customized them away in a previous version.

== Custom Toolbars ==

Custom toolbars (the type created from the "Add New Toolbar" button in toolkits customization window), will be removed. The items that were in those custom toolbars will be appended to the nav-bar customization target.

== Addons Toolbar ==

The add-ons toolbar will be removed. The items in this toolbar will be placed in the customization target of the nav-bar.

== The Menu Toolbar ==

The menu toolbar (File / Edit / View) will no longer be a customization target. Items that have been placed in the menu toolbar will be placed in the nav-bar customization target.

== The Tabstrip ==

The tabstrip will have a single customization target, on the side of the tabs closest to the menu button. All toolbaritems in the tabstrip will be placed in this customization target.

== Toolbar supplied by Add-ons ==

Example, the "Ask" toolbar, "Norton", etc. These will be untouched.

== Other ==

"Small icons" mode will no longer be supported.

I've had no stability issues with Chrome - I used firefox for ages but eventually switched to chrome because of Chrome Sync and ChromeToPhone (both of which you can do with FF now).

I've started using FF again, though Chrome is my main browser. Really I haven't had issues with any of them and even use IE from time to time if I need more cookieless sessions.

Ironically, Firefox is going the way of Chrome. A bunch of moronic, egocentric "user experience" designers who are more concerned with their precious brand identity and "user experience" then producing a usable browser.

If they would work on mimicking their performance instead of their presentation, that would do more for firefox than anything else.

Yet another reason to use Lynx or, if you're not as awesome, Internet Explorer. If getting sold to use Chrome by everything you download doesn't make you realize it's crapware, then you're probably a lost cause or some insane web developer caught up on some standards non-reality.

If you have a serious reason to object, you have three versions do to it. Do know however that a lot of blogs that jumped on that report is well off base on what's actually is happening. They aren't closing the UI and going Apple like as some people are trying to say. The whole thing is to get feedback on if the add-on bar should go away and if some settings should be removed or changed to keep non power users from screwing up the UI which is more common than you think.

Back