Is the COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Compatible with Haswell?

song414

Limp Gawd
The COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus comes with amd and intel connectors but I am curious if it is compatible with haswell or do I have to buy another cpu cooler? I just bought this a couple months ago and am hoping to use it with my new haswell build.

Its not the connectors its the actual socket that is changing. I havnt really read on haswell so I am not sure if it will be the same pattern.

as far i know and read on every site.. will be totally compatible.. 1155/1156 with 1550.... in the new editions of coolers are just added as a socket 115X.

as far i know and read on every site.. will be totally compatible.. 1155/1156 with 1550.... in the new editions of coolers are just added as a socket 115X.

However even if it's not, with popular coolers, such as the 212 and others, the mfg almost always makes the retention kits available on their own, so at most it will only be a few bucks for the new kit to bolt it up.

Yup, it's compatible. Anything that fits 1155 will also fit on 1150. I am successfully using a Hyper 212 Evo on my 4770k without any problems.

The heat sink mounting holes for 1156, 1155, and now 1150 are the same. How many more times will this question need to be answered?

The heat sink mounting holes for 1156, 1155, and now 1150 are the same. How many more times will this question need to be answered?
1 more if you can answer it for me again. ;)

Well thats cool that they left the pattern the same, makes it much easier to upgrade.

This question was brought up before haswell was out. I bought haswell and am using my fan as I speak.

Back