Human-like Opponents Lead to More Aggression

Weird. For me it's the violent thoughts that make me play those kinds of games and blow up humans pretending their the person I'm mad at..

I think that keeps me from being one of those whacko shooters that blow away half a city block.... Well that and I don't like guns. :p

Back in the lanparty days I did see a couple fights break out. Always funny.

FYOUYOUAWPWHORE!!!! /throwkeyboard /nerdfight

Back in the lanparty days I did see a couple fights break out. Always funny.

FYOUYOUAWPWHORE!!!! /throwkeyboard /nerdfight

Nothing worse than an AWP whore!!! Until I fed em a little AK on Aztec with some long distance desert on Dust. Then the real anger began... Try to camp the bridge again. Ahhh the good ol days.

Nothing worse than an AWP whore!!! Until I fed em a little AK on Aztec with some long distance desert on Dust. Then the real anger began... Try to camp the bridge again. Ahhh the good ol days.

I know!!! AWP_map was the worst!!!!

But the study also notes there was no significant increase in levels of physical aggression after fighting human-looking video game characters, something that suggests social prohibitions against violent acts remain strong.

Why does this, combined with zero description of the actual methodology, make me suspect their definition of aggression is something that would justify the use of the word aggression in a very small sliver of academia.

I can confirm that the mere existence of panda-like opponents made me want to smash my monitor, keyboard, mouse, and give up on gaming altogether.

Back