PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo Video Card Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
PowerColor Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo Video Card Review - Today we are looking at PowerColor's Radeon HD 7790 TurboDuo video card. We will be using six of today's most popular and demanding games to evaluate its performance at 1080p. The PowerColor HD 7790 TurboDuo hopes to deliver an affordable solution to gaming with a price tag of $165.

Great review, thanks!

So the 7790 rundown:

1.) Needs 2gb ram .... 8gb consoles inbound
2.) Too expensive
3.) Powercolor are half-arsed.

4.) Severely bandwidth limited?? Overclocking performance improvement closely tracks the memory oc .... a lot of performance from a 128bit memory bus but still, way too pricey for what it can do!

Still sounds like TurboGrafix 16 to me.
Neat lil card though. Although that mini-ATX 670 they had on here last week was more enticing.

Decent card yes, but over priced as many others have said. AMD needs to hit 2GB card @ $149.99 non-rebate. Get their hands off the OC restrictions (let the card fly, it has the headroom). 650ti boost is a better bargain ATM, but has less of a software bundle, not as power efficient being that it is a stripped down version of the 660, and absolutely sucks @ GPU compute(as do all 600 series & most 700 series)
Personally I think AMD is about to release some sort of 7850/70 updates and doesn't want the 7790 stepping on their toes. AMD has been all about better bang for the buck than Nvidia because they have too at this point. So why aren't they doing that in this market segment? The most important high volume segment? Your guess is as good as mine.

Payed 190 for a 7850, have never been happier. After going from a 1GB 4870 to a 2GB 7850 i can really feel the different alone in just the amount of vram it has. Even via software some of my games are exceeding 1.5GB vram usage and still feel crisp and smooth at reasonable settings.

So the price of the 7790 is not equal to the price of a 7850. Glad we got that figured out ;)

Back