Yahoo! Reportedly Has Its Eye On Hulu

HardOCP News

[H] News
Yahoo has its eye on Hulu? That would be quite the feather in Marissa Mayer's cap if she could make that happen. :eek:

The courtship has begun, claims AllThingsD, which reports that Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer had a sit down recently with some Hulu bigwigs. Hulu’s owners have reportedly been looking at selling it off now for some time, and perhaps Yahoo could be the perfect match.

So, we'll get a bunch of Yahoo's in straw skirts?

Can Yahoo afford all of the licensing bullshit from networks and productions to run Hulu?

Can Yahoo afford all of the licensing bullshit from networks and productions to run Hulu?

Most of Hulu's value is in the licensing bullshit that already exists. I'm sure they wouldn't buy it without a sort of definitive extension on those licenses.

Most of Hulu's value is in the licensing bullshit that already exists. I'm sure they wouldn't buy it without a sort of definitive extension on those licenses.

Sure but all contracts expire - see Netflix's dropping of 1200 shows last week, and picking up 500 new ones.

As an aside, didn't News Corp recently bid $500 million to own Hulu outright last month, with the desire to take Disney's share?

I think the plan here for yahoo is to basically give up completely everything they do lol and try to become something else.

Back