Working DIY Dead Space Plasma Cutter

Great project, but using that thing in such closed quarters? not a great idea

Looks good but the guy needs to work on his attitude if he wants to make sales.

Just powerful enough to cause someone retinal damage.

Did you watch the vid? He was burning wholes in wood, that's powerful enough to burn through human anatomy.

In conclusion:

DO want.

The rodents in the barn wouldn't stand a chance! Do want!

Did you watch the vid? He was burning wholes in wood, that's powerful enough to burn through human anatomy.

In conclusion:

DO want.

He singed the wood and melted thin plastic and it was about as powerful as a good 4" magnifying glass.

Looks good but the guy needs to work on his attitude if he wants to make sales.
I can't imagine the patience needed to deal with overload of YouTube idiots he must attract.

Looks cool, but I would want to see something more powerful . :D

In conclusion:

DO want.

Wood has VERY low thermal conductivity. AKA the surface spot can't dissipate, radiate or transmit heat fast enough to prevent burning. Skin, is very different.

A 445nm 1w laser pointer feels like a needle, and will likely cause cancer over repeated exposure - but it doesn't burn skin very well ;)

He singed the wood and melted thin plastic and it was about as powerful as a good 4" magnifying glass.
Kind of what I was thinking, oooh he singed the surf of wood kind of like I used to do with a magnifying glass when I was a kid...

Plus having to fill the room with smoke to see the lasers was kind of a let down at the beginning.

The mechanics of everything is really cool though, no chance I'd buy one, but I can appreciate how it works.

my thoughts exactly, he comes across as a real asshole. Nice mod though :D

Do you people ever think that he doesn't want to sell it in the first place. And the attitude comes from to many people asking him how to make it!

I don't blame him for acting the way he does!!

Do you people ever think that he doesn't want to sell it in the first place. And the attitude comes from to many people asking him how to make it!

I don't blame him for acting the way he does!!

I think you might have typed that wrong. He does want to sell it, that's why he is getting frustrated with people repeatedly asking about how to make it. Given that, he doesn't seem like much of a people person. Being rude on the internet is easy, but it doesn't make people want to give you money though.

Back