Microsoft Implements Two-Step Verification on Accounts

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Following in the footsteps of other major companies, Microsoft has introduced a two-step verification process to access accounts for products and services. Microsoft had previously implemented two-step verification of credit card information and Xbox subscriptions last year.

The security update works anywhere you use your Microsoft account – on Windows 8, Web browsers, and Microsoft apps and services on iOS and Android devices.

I am waiting for for the new 5 step program:

1. Enter Password
2. Enter Code sent to phone
3. Access thumb print
4. Retina Scan
5. Blood or Urine DNA sample (also prevents you from posting under the influence)

They are still working on the alternate methods like "input a witty phrase" ... "complex security questions like your grandmother's first pet's name" ... and "name the object immediately to your right" :cool:

I am waiting for for the new 5 step program:

1. Enter Password
2. Enter Code sent to phone
3. Access thumb print
4. Retina Scan
5. Blood or Urine DNA sample (also prevents you from posting under the influence)

They are still working on the alternate methods like "input a witty phrase" ... "complex security questions like your grandmother's first pet's name" ... and "name the object immediately to your right" :cool:

No doubt eh? But idiots do cost companies, and not-so-stupid people, a ton of money. Gotta protect the idiot from themselves.

I can't wait until Microsoft gives me a FOB that has an OS that makes no sense and tends to BSOD when I need to use it for something important.

Back