SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SSD Review - The SanDisk Ultra Plus features SanDisk's proprietary eX2 ABL MLC NAND with nCache technology. This technique creates a SLC layer to help boost write performance and enhance endurance. The SSD also features a four channel Marvel 88SS9175 controller and 128MB of DRAM cache.

Fairly impressive SSD that Sandisk has unleashed. Thanks for the great review, as always.

I've bought several different Sandisk SSDs and they have all been perfectly acceptable.

My go to drives for day to day SSD goodness.

pretty nice.

Still see no reason to upgrade from the samsung 830 series

The review tells me that the “Samsung 840 Pro” is the best one to get at the moment, probably better than the “OCZ Vector” which I was thinking about getting next.

Write endurance is an issue to me (to a certain point), no more SandForce compression either, and how well it works in a RAID-0 with a two or four drive setup.

The consequence of removing (censoring) a link to a contrasting new technology, is that you will have less content on your site for people to argue about. Many of [H]ardOCP threads will therefore end sooner. (Steve tends not to do this as much.) Content generates content. It would have not taken away from the review. Quite the opposite, infact. It would have given them a reason to look at it.

I have no issues with people posting links to other sites, but when you post NOTHING BUT A LINK with no view or discussion, it looks like spam to me. So if you would like to contribute to conversation and not just post links alone, please do so. To suggest we are censoring replies is idiotic. I am fairly sure I can come up with 1000 posts today that would show you that is not what is going on. Your post was deleted because of YOU, not me.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please take it to PM.

Hi,

I put two sandisk ultra plus 128gb drives into a raid 0 array on an X58 ICH10R controller and after an hour of use the Intel Rst driver dropped one drive and then instantly reinitialized the array resulting in Chkdsk checking drives at boot with data error. This only happened once and since the few other times I have used the machine have not encountered the error but see it as a bad omen that could happen again. Though I should point out using especially intel firmware modded for Trim on X58 of which I enjoy breathing new life into an old platform. I still use the machine since upgrading to a Z87 rig. Anyhow you guys think the quality of these drives are up to par?

Thanks.

Back