'Jobs' Biopic Delayed; No New Release Date

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you were waiting with breathless anticipation for the biopic of Steve Jobs to premier in movie theaters, you have a longer wait coming. Just joking about the breathless anticipation part, but the film has been shelved for the time being to develop a solid PR campaign and more marketing lead time. Maybe the producers are waiting for Apple’s stock to rise again before releasing the movie, but then again, that could take quite a while. :D

Jobs chronicles the Apple co-founder's ascension from college dropout to one of the most revered entrepreneurs of the 20th century.

They probably showed it to test audiences and didn't get the responses that they wanted.

often when a movie is shelved its due to doing poorly with various test audiences. Red Dawn remake sat on the shelves for 2 years before finally being released. and the new GI Joe was supposed to come out last summer but likely because it being a turd they didnt want to release it against the Avengers.

Likely the Jobs movie is a turd

Pretty sure this happened because it's a turd. What the hell were they thinking casting Ashton Kutcher? The guy may look the part of Steve Jobs, but he's definitely one of the worst actors getting work today.

I know Wazniak wasn't too impressed with Stern and Whitely playing fast and loose with the "facts" presented in the movie; the attempt to deify Steve Jobs at every turn almost too much to stomach. Perhaps the Sundance crowd found it equally unpalatable.

I know Wazniak wasn't too impressed with Stern and Whitely playing fast and loose with the "facts" presented in the movie; the attempt to deify Steve Jobs at every turn almost too much to stomach. Perhaps the Sundance crowd found it equally unpalatable.
ie Fucking thing sucked. :D

often when a movie is shelved its due to doing poorly with various test audiences. Red Dawn remake sat on the shelves for 2 years before finally being released. and the new GI Joe was supposed to come out last summer but likely because it being a turd they didnt want to release it against the Avengers.

Likely the Jobs movie is a turd

While the Joe movie probably did suck, they did major re-shoots due to channing tatum being killled off really early in the film originally. I still don't have much hope for it since the first one wasn't that good to begin with.

Sot sure what was wrong with Pirates of Silicon Valley that they had to make another movie about Steve Jobs.

They probably showed it to test audiences and didn't get the responses that they wanted.

They were expecting the test audiences to rush out and buy Apple products afterward and instead they were committing suicide two minutes into the movie. :D

A movie about the world's greatest bullshit artist since Thomas Edison.
Sounds like a real winner.

Never mind, you must be [H]ard Forums greatest bullshit artist.

WTF is wrong with you?
Are you just following me around to each thread to spam my posts???

Your profile says that you're 49, yet you have the maturity of a high schooler.
Real mature. :rolleyes:

Back