White House, Lawmakers Resume Cybersecurity Bill Talks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Our whole country could be overrun by hackers by the time our elected officials get anything done. I'm not saying I don't have faith in...wait...that's exactly what I'm saying. ;)

The Michigan Republican told Reuters that both sides are "very close" on agreeing about the roles that the Department of Homeland Security and other government agencies would play to better defend against cyber attacks. They are also negotiating ways to minimize the transfer and use of personal information from companies to the government, Rogers said.

Man...we really do need a few more sequesters. (Maybe 50 times the one that just happenned)

Lawmakers are pretty much the LAST people I'd expect to make a rational, informed decision about "cybersecurity".

Most of these guys have to take an aspirin after doing anything more technologically complex than having an aide come in and start their computer up for them. If they don't, their empty little heads would explode.

Lawmakers are pretty much the LAST people I'd expect to make a rational, informed decision about "cybersecurity".

Most of these guys have to take an aspirin after doing anything more technologically complex than having an aide come in and start their computer up for them. If they don't, their empty little heads would explode.

That's why lawmakers usually let the lobbyists write the bills for them ... we can only hope that they are "consulting" with the more informed lobbyists and not the ones with other agendas ... of course maybe if pigs had wings they could fly too :D

Back