BigDog Robot Now Throws Cinder Blocks

A little more work and we could use those to fight of zergling rushes.

metal_gear_cat.jpg

I wonder when they'll figure out how to make it so that it doesn't have to constantly dance in place. I'll be a hell of a lot more impressed when it can calmly step over to the brick and then loft it without being like clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, the whole time.

I wonder when they'll figure out how to make it so that it doesn't have to constantly dance in place. I'll be a hell of a lot more impressed when it can calmly step over to the brick and then loft it without being like clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, clop, the whole time.

yea it looks like it's angry because it can't go potty...

You're not much better. You just happen to have thousands of micro-control muscles in your feet and legs to maintain balance. However you are never standing perfectly still, your body is making constant adjustments to keep you upright. The robot's adjustments are simply more pronounced since it has just a few servo's and mechanisms to adjust its posture.

Idiots. Why don't they teach it to gently set the block down in a bed of mortar?

Why do they always have to be all smashy smashy?

At least it has a "head" now. So not as creepy as before when it was headless

Idiots. Why don't they teach it to gently set the block down in a bed of mortar?

If we teach the synthetics the tools of war instead of making them do mundane tasks maybe they will not revolt.

That's a separate robot.

Demolition is always the first step in the process of creation.

"The goal is to use the strength of the legs and torso to help power motions of the arm. This sort of dynamic, whole-body approach to manipulation is used routinely by human athletes and will enhance the performance of advanced robots."

Reading, ftw.

Maybe thinking outside the box could solve the problem. Servos combined with mini " air thrusters" could calm it down. It would instead make hissing sounds . The could rename it " Big Snake ".,:D

This is how the government will control the masses.

This is how the government will control the masses.

Yeah we will all pretty much have to become terrorists to stop them. Oh wait, I'm 55 years old. You young ones will have to stop them yourselves. Sorry! :p

It's very impressive, considering the Physics of the swing and initial the orientation of Big Dog. Scary. The future looks bleak.

Hopefully Big Dog will be able to teach us the nature of non-violent, conflict resolution and Human Psychology.

Back