ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
The ASRock Z77 OC Formula motherboard is on the test bench today at MadShrimps. If you are in the market for a motherboard, this review will be of interest.

The Z77 OC Formula is one of the high performance motherboards from ASRock, was built in cooperation with the well-known overclocker Nick Shih and features a 12 + 4 VRM design covered by a massive waterblock/heatsink, an 8-layer PCB, measuring points, plenty of thermal sensors and more. What we also like about this board is the fact that they have removed the legacy components like Floppy/IDE interfaces along with the PCI slots, in order to have a clean motherboard PCB design in the end.

The Mini ITX boards have gotten so much more capable. I might have to use one for my next build. What cases are preferred (desktop and server)?

I'm impressed with that board. Both that Mad Shrimps and Anandtech gave it glowing reviews. I'm moving to a 3770k soon. When I do, I'm going to buy that motherboard.

I'm impressed with that board. Both that Mad Shrimps and Anandtech gave it glowing reviews. I'm moving to a 3770k soon. When I do, I'm going to buy that motherboard.

I've been running one since they were released, with an i7-2600K that was previously on an ASRock P67 Extreme6. Smooooth sailing.

I am seriously considering picking up this board. Having 10 sata ports is a big plus!

Great looking board. I'll have my first experience with an asrock motherboard later today, so I can't speak to the brand quality, personally, but with those features, I think that would be a great motherboard for me to upgrade to later with a 3770. Also I'm a big fan of black pcb's. I wish the one I was getting today was black, as I have an open case it just looks better than brown.

Hello Guys. I need you all help.

I got this brand new mobo last week and finally I am playing with it very lightly.

I have try on two SSD and I could not boot up to Window completely. It seems like if it hang, the next time it would boot all the way to the desktop. Then the next time I boot, it would just hang at the Window boot up but no blue screen. So every other time it would boot all the way.

I have everything on default.

Can someone help me? I don't know how to troubleshoot it.

Thanks.

Back